Who Like`s Tools? (Merged Topic)

gassit

• Member For: 13y 5m 6d

To be honest Trent, as I trial - placed the spare Superoo decal I have on it, I had an idea for a Dick Johnson true Blu xD tribute on the rear wall of the trolly.

Kid at work painted his Cat Yellow ( brand new cabinet, did a nice job too, I could show you the big dent in the roof of the workshop it left before heading off down the Brisbane River during flood )

I had thought originally before purchase of painting it Mercury Silver.

But for now, I`ll just go with decals, liberal doses of Autoglym and trying not to go buy that add on top box this thursday night.

Bloosted I bet I`m not the only one who popped wood over that hoist.. Once a long time back ( I was still married ) I had a rented house with a 6 metre shed, I had it too the rafters with Valiant stuffs. If I had a shed as big as that one in the pic I`d go apesh!t.

A shed is definitely on my agenda, but it`d cost me 40K to do the earthworks on this motherbitch yard.

• Member For: 14y 7m 20d

$600 for a snap on socket try 5g for a set lol

I have a sh*t load of tool n half would be snap on I love buying tools aswell I think I would be close to 15g worth now

Dam snap on man coming to work every 2 weeks

• Member For: 13y 5m 6d

Tray I`m clued up on what Snap On costs. Like everyone I`ve considered it, we have the Snap On truck come to work too. I recall BJ the Workshop foreman at the time bought a ratchet and 2 extensions I think and it was 600 for the 3 items.

Snap On tools are exquisite. But totally off scale unneccessary for mugs like me. I have had some Snap On gear that I found at work, discarded odds and ends of old sets. I had a Snap On Pry bar and if I found motherbitch who taxed it off me I`d sh!t in their mouth.

Some of the fitters at work will use cheaper stuff like Kincrome sockets and the like cause its gonna get knocked around and lost, but they`ll have a few Snap on Ratchets in in various drives. CAT Spanners are awesome too I might tell you. lol even a 3/8 - 7/16`s ringy is as thick as a piece of kabana. Hmmm, I could do with a more comprehensive set of combination spanners, I could buy a set of CAT items and take my current set to work...

But I really do crave a set of ratchet spanners. More trinkets and widgets for my handy lil trinket and widget drawer..

Anybody wants me I`m browsing tools online!

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 26d

this is my baby, filled with all the same branded tools also - been an expensive ever growing habbit, now also has a vice mounted in the back corner

post-40670-0-19492000-1297590598_thumb.j

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

I once went to look/buy an old HZ Panelvan up bush at a secluded caravan park where the owner and his father lived, the bloke was in his thirties skinny as a rake with dirty long brown hair a scruffy beard and looked like he hadnt had a shower in the last decade. This guy was definitely two sides short of a shed and spoke really drawn out and quiet like, I mean I'm not the brightest bloke in the world but he was on a whole nother level. Anyway we proceeded to take the van for a test drive and being an old HZ V8 Panelvan I could hardly hear the guy when going through the usual small talk as you do when locked in a car with a stranger and the subject of what we did for work came up at this point I said I was a Toolmaker, he looked across at me with this huge rotten toothless grin and said in the loudest tone I'd heard him utter "I loooiik tooools". I swear I nearly ran off the road trying to contain the laugh I was styfling...

My toolbox contains...

3 surface grinders

2 cylindrical grinders

1 Cad Wirecutter

1 ANCA tool grinder

6 flat bed lathes

1 Horizontal mill

1 Vertical mill

1 MNC mill

6 CNC Lathes

25 6 spindle Gridley's

2 8 spindle Gridleys's

7 single spindle Wickman's

...etc etc. :blush:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3d

Bloosted that's a serious shed...I think most blokes would trade there partners for a shed like that...Very nice.. Bet you have plenty of mates who love using that hoist...:beerchug:

• Member For: 14y 7m 20d

Im am a fitter aswell n I use kincrome socket sets

I had a look at the snap on half inch and 3/4 set the other day because I wanted them, both over 5k needless to say they stayed there lol

Most of my snap on gear is air tools n impact sockets n some other thing.Which I believe need to be to best

Nice tool box mate dont think I could ever bring myself to buy 1

There is a comp at the moment for a snap on tool box sort of like yours vauled a close to 10k

• Member For: 20y 11m 26d

Some of the tools coming out of china are unbelievable. I bought a 13hp 3600psi pressure washer with brass head and electric start that works brilliantly for $1100. Then bought one of those Arbour-tech brick saws made in Malaga West Australia for $1000. Put them side by side and you feel sorry for anyone trying to compete with the Chinese as you just cant compete with their cheap labour.

I don't buy any overpriced Snap-on stuff. THere is much more better priced high quality chinese stuff that will get the job done.