Straight E85 V Straight Methanol

icer

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 9m 7d

GO.

I personally wouldnt use bio flex for obvious reasons of the ethanol varying between pump to pump day to day. Straight e85 is barley available anywhere. Methanol is cheaper then e85 (205L barrel v 205L barrel) and much more gains can be given on methanol.

Which runs cooler? which needs less modifications to handel? Which is safer on the motor? Which is better for tuning etc? Someone else can answer.

I confirmed with a police officer that it is impossible for cops to impound/ground/fine you for running methanol and also have no tools etc to even diagnose you are running methanol. Methanol apparently smells like e85 so you just claim it is e85 if anything. EPA is different. I think I heard there is a $1000 fine per cylinder? Never on the spot. Normal 'go to epa location within 28 days' rule applies. So obviously you wouldt rock up there with methanol...

Any more info please post.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 3m 10d

Playing with fire there.

You do know why it's illegal?

It's because it burns clear, you can't tell if it's alight.

Eg car stalls so you open bonnet, woof your on fire rolling around on the ground, everyone else is driving past laughing as you look like you are having some sort of elliptic fit.

Also you just can't change between methanol and say ultimate. Not sure on E85 weather it has same properties.

With Methanol you will need huge injectors, make sure all fuel lines are compatable as well fuel pumps and regulator.

Also don't know how factory cats or sensors would cope.

There's alot in it and I would not try it unless you are a expert or have very good knowledge of running it.

Then on top of that where you going to keep the drum, bugger if I would have it in my shed.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6d

If your just planning to use your car as a track car, id run meth everyday of the week. But you cant run a meth setup and change over to petrol, you cant have the 2 set up.

• Member For: 14y 8m 14d

you can change between methanol and unleaded so good as your injectors can cope with the more fuel needed for methanol.

My car has a 98 tune a e85 tune and also a methanol tune and every tune works great . just talk to dion *Beep* and he will sort you out :):beerchug:

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 9m 7d

:D shan

01xtr....obviosuly you drain a tank of fuel and swap the tunes between ANY fuel 98/100/e85/meth/etc etc. We push the limits of these cars and tunes as it is, why would you run a cocktail when the car aint tuned for it.

And I wasnt refering to running any of the fuels on stock cars. You actually need bigger injectors for e85. Like 1600cc, where as 1000cc's are fine for meth.

Im not biast just yet to which fueles, just wanting to point out and learn a few things on the way.