Tune Price

toastedsanger

• Member For: 13y 5m 28d

Hey All,

Not sure if this is in the right place but have been quoted $2400 for an XR8 airbox mod inc K&N filter, flash tuner and upgraded piping plus tune. Said should give it about 365rhp. What do you guys think about these figures and prices are they about right? I have an 08 XR6t auto.

Thanks

Sanger

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Price probably sounds a little on the cheap side. I would have thought piping would have been fairly expensive but depends on what you are after - I know some who have spent close to $4k on exhaust piping alone. And did you really mean hp or rwkW? I wouldn't call myself an expert on these things, but I think achieving 365rwkW on what you have said seems a bit optimistic. There's no mention of injectors or fuel pump or intercooler - generally the guys on here pushing over 300rwkW have done a lot more than an edit, air filter and some exhaust piping.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

I think he means cooler pipes Gaz, we don't have half decent ones like B series :bangcomputer:

Hey All,

Not sure if this is in the right place but have been quoted $2400 for an XR8 airbox mod inc K&N filter ($200), flash tuner ($700) and upgraded piping ($500) plus tune. Said should give it about 365rhp. What do you guys think about these figures and prices are they about right? I have an 08 XR6t auto.

Thanks

Sanger

So about 1k to fit it all and tune, I would say about average.. 365 is about 270kw not sure what the max is on stock injectors for the FG's but you would be mad not spending and extra 350ish to get them put in as well.

I was also under the impression that it will make 270 with tune only. I'm sure everyone else will be able to clear that up.

Nahhh sure he said rwhp, if he had said rwkw for that amount I would have snapped it up, kinda worrying though, I think this may be as addictive as tattoos lol. Hoping I can get as much as possible already scared " The minister for finance and war" yesterday, wanker in a patrol...oooops I used to be one of them lol

Edited by toastedsanger

Thinking maybe I might just go airbox and tune and see what they say and how high they can go. Then when I can afford injectors and the intercooler piping and xcal go for the big tune then.