335 Gt Tune Only

cranny

• Member For: 14y 10m 4d

Yeah I read it and I Lol'd at the 1/4 mile time and MP/H. How can something with 390 RWKW only manage 13.3 @ 184 ks....

My car has 335 RWKW and is doing 5 ks an hour faster at the end of the strip....The GS was a ZF Auto also :shocked:

Edited by IBOO57

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 20d

my 240 rwkw Typhoon which weighs about the same as the Gs has the same tires & ZF and I pulled 13.1 13.0 consistent without any dramas. my great great great grandmother could drive a 390rwkw over the 1/4 quicker. I am angry with how F witts cant drive or herrod cant tune.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2d

Guys keep in mind that when Mags test cars they never use a proper drag strip so they have no where the amount of traction you have at the strip. There was one test done on some sort of a straight with little stones flying under the tyres.

But even taking this in to the account something is wrong there, and being an auto it's not that hard to drive either so doubt it's the driver.

• Member For: 17y 3m 4d

They used a drag strip and you can see it in one of the pictures and they say

It lights the tyres in first even on the strip.

Not bad though a extra 15-20g and you can got slower.

Something wrong there.

• Member For: 14y 3m 1d

AFF Thread

From Page Two of the thread above, Post by Herrod Motorsport.

This is from a previous post

We have been tuning new supercharged vehicles and the power number on each vehicle seem to vary on the GS in std form , Our own test car made 305 rwkws in std form and this is up from most of the others we have tuned. The interesting thing is that all the cars we tune all end up with around the same rear wheel power.GS and GT. All cars I have tuned have been autos and if we give them a run the morning after the the tune we see numbers in the 390 rwkws and after 3-4 pulls when intake temps come up the power drops to around 385-375 rwkws and stays at this power.Our own vehicle was tested at heathcote on friday by Motor magazine and I think that mother nature was not on our side, heathcote had had been flooded and the humidity was around 95% and 30 degrees as the sun come out and started to dry out the water. The magazine was on deadline and had to make some passes for the upcoming editorial . This car will run a low 12 and maybe into the high 11s on sticky tyres but due to the weather the best they could run was a low 13 on road tyres,according to Dave Morley who done the testing the car has so much power the only way to get it off the line with low wheel spin is in 2nd gear and even at that as soon as he put the boot into it the car broke out into huge wheel spin and fried the tyres, So here is another point no matter how much power you have you need to run these big heavy vehicles with drag tyres in std tune and then in tuned form to get a real comparison as it shows that even with a heap more power and torque unless you can get the power to the ground the car wont run a time better than a std tune

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 14d

Seems to me that 2 wheel drive ( rear wheels ) are reaching their limit.

Time Ford etc changed to constant 4 WD.

The limit with 2 wheels ( 0 -100 ) is about 5 secs.

Many exotic 4 WD cars are closer to 3 secs

Edited by Dagabond