Any South Islanders On The Forum?

silverjet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 27d

If you dont want to spend ALOT then I would remove factory BOV and replace with an aftermarket one like this : Link I use to own the previous model to this BOV and these are IMO really good. Good thing about this BOV is that you can adjust how tight the spring is and how much you vent out to atmosphere. You can get somewhat of a flutter out of it if you adjust the spring tighter (done by turning the head of the BOV up). I set the spring up on half way so it only fluttered down low, never when revs were up high.

But if you want serious flutter go for this kit..I bought a similar one : Link If your looking at this option talk to Robin @ Torque Performance in Auckland, hes Jesus when it comes to these cars.

I only hear the BOV when I really put my foot up it otherwise I just hear alot of turbo spool and flutter.

But if I was you and Im pretty sure you dont want to spend as much as that process west kit I would:

*Buy aftermarket BOV

*Change filter to K&N or other recommended filter for what your after.

*possibly put a 3" exhaust on it (you dont need a tune for 3")

BUT whatever you do be careful as in most cool mods do need a tune - big intercooler, short air intake, +3.5" exhaust etc etc

Edited by FOONIN

• Donating Members

but back to forum topic are there any members in CHCH or close to CHCH here???

Not sure if allowed to advertise another club/forum but The Tickford and FPV Club - South Island chapter would love to have a few more fresh faces. Club isnt as popular down south as up north but I seen a few non-member cars about round CHCH. Luckily the quakes havent moved too many :D xr6t's and N/A falcons are allowed to join too. The Tickford and FPV club page

*Admin - can delete if advertising of this sort is not allowed.

• Member For: 12y 2m 24d

thanks for the advice, are there any places you know of to get this type of gear in New Zealand? more specifically somewhere close to Invercargill to get it installed etc?

• Donating Members

well a BOV is really easy to install, but you can order straight from Go Fast bits They also come with instructions on how to fit etc. The only "hard" thing I found when installing mine was the lack of room at rear of engine bay. Its a little bit of a squeeze but if you follow instructions its all good.

however if your after a tuner to do the work I am not sure for down south....some people use Harmans in CHCH but if you want it done once and done right take it to Torque Performance in Auckland

Edited by FOONIN

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 10d

As for the CHCH thing im in that area and not part of that club but do know of it. Whats the general things that the club does that makes it worth being part of?

• Donating Members

cruises and events recently had an over night trip to Tekapo....was an awesome drive there..lots of v8 crackle and turbo spool going through mackenzie country...then a good feed + drinks then went up to do a star gazing tour of the observatory.... Also we are soon to have the new BBQ made from the rear tray of a xr6 ute :D

but mostly its the events and cruises topped off with the atmosphere, everyone gets along with everyone. The annual fee does kinda suck though but Im sure you would be able to come along and see if your into it

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 10d

If you were going to use a dealer thou id pick avon over hutchies. Ill definitely look into just on holidays now but will get on to it when back.