Any South Islanders On The Forum?

silverjet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d

That looks like a pretty good intake bro.. you could always do what I did .. relocate battery to boot and create your own one does the job pretty well cuts out all that pipe work across the engine bay (over the hot engine) really increases throttle response .. surely you know someone that can weld and is keen for abit of spare cash..

post-15185-0-52018300-1300350219_thumb.j

post-15185-0-04856200-1300350239_thumb.j

post-15185-0-22130600-1300350260_thumb.j

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

That looks like a pretty good intake bro.. you could always do what I did .. relocate battery to boot and create your own one does the job pretty well cuts out all that pipe work across the engine bay (over the hot engine) really increases throttle response .. surely you know someone that can weld and is keen for abit of spare cash..

Very nice job mate. I can see the benefits of what you've done there. Do you mind me asking how much the plenum was?

I can weld aluminium myself, so you have got me thinking :P

• Donating Members

managed to pick the plenum rocker cover and big nizpro intercooler up of traders for $1100 was to good a deal to say no to lol... just the amount of pipe work it cuts off its worth it.. its got the biggest KnN filter I could find and a mate just got a 4" length of pipe and a 3" length if pipe cut a triangle out of the 4" bit push them together to taper it from the 3" turbo to the 4" pod he also made the cold side (from IC to Plenum) that was more fidly...moving battery wasn't hard either just got a battery box from super cheap (abuot $50) and a length of battery cable (think it was about 100)...

managed to pick the plenum rocker cover and big nizpro intercooler up of traders for $1100 was to good a deal to say no to lol... just the amount of pipe work it cuts off its worth it.. its got the biggest KnN filter I could find and a mate just got a 4" length of pipe and a 3" length if pipe cut a triangle out of the 4" bit push them together to taper it from the 3" turbo to the 4" pod he also made the cold side (from IC to Plenum) that was more fidly...moving battery wasn't hard either just got a battery box from super cheap (abuot $50) and a length of battery cable (think it was about 100)...

Sold!!

I have organized a sparkie to supply and fit the battery cable for $140 mates rates (the good stuff). All I have to do us fit the box which I get from Supercheap on Monday for $30. Then I will do the piping which will involve relocating the throttle body to a pipe I will make which heads for the old air intake position and I will make an intake similar to yours.

It was the battery relocation to the boot that made it all possible, cheers for that (although my wife is not impressed :P )

• Donating Members

Haah wicked you'll cut off about 2 metres of piping throttle responce will be so much better, I awnan get mine all polished up have brought chrome ecu cover, fuse box cover and engine caps of traders wouldn't mind having the engine bay looking nice and bling ..also you may want to get your tune checked/touched up all well altho when I did mine and I also put the plenum and intercooler on at the same time and didn't get a tune for a while it still ran pretty good ...

Awesome. You will need your sunnies on when you pop the hood :P

I will keep you posted on my results. It really looks like the right way to go.

I have an excellent tuner that looks after me so it's all good :spoton:

• Member For: 13y 3m 24d

hi guys just caught up on this thread since my last post. been shopping round for parts. found nothing (sucks being so far south) have decided to hold off on the power upgrades just yet and look more into strengthening the weak bits first.My research shows that the BA has weak valve springs so I thought I should start there. I dont want to go too nutty on the setup just make it gruntier than standard.

I would like to retain most of the stock donk Eg. internals and the turbo.

and upgrade intake ,fuel system, exhuast and of course get that ruddy 4-speed strengtened to cope. I'm guessing that this could take me to near 300rwkw.

dont want thing to break on me hence the strengthening idea

cheers

• Donating Members

I have standard valve springs and run 320rwkw in a ba its all abit of a hit and miss .. you'll end up spending alot of money working with that idea I'm abit tight and I work on the idea if its not broken don't fix it..

I have standard valve springs and run 320rwkw in a ba its all abit of a hit and miss .. you'll end up spending alot of money working with that idea I'm abit tight and I work on the idea if its not broken don't fix it..

What injectors, actuator, fuel pump and boost are you running?

• Donating Members

Bosch 42lb, herrod intank one and like 15 psi exhaust is holding everything back at the moment its a 3 " one but pretty sh*t..