Any South Islanders On The Forum?

silverjet

• Member For: 14y 6m 2d

Hey Folks,

I'm in Nelson. Have a '06 BAII F6 Typhoon, 6spd manual. Tuned by Torque Performance in Auckland to 322rwkw.

Can't get 98 gas here in Nelson. It makes 295rwkw on the 96 octane tune but no where NEAR as much torque which is a bit frustrating...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d

Welcome mate sounds like you've got a really nice car do you have any idea what sort of clutch it has mines just getting one today post up some pics of it??

• Member For: 14y 6m 2d

Gidday,

It just has the standard clutch at this stage. I don't know how long it'll last but so far so good.

It's the T56 manual with a Mal Wood short shifter (transmax z in the box & the mainlube stuff in the diff). Same colour as yours - Silhouette.

Have you had yours down the 1/4 mile? If so what sort of times are you getting?

Look forward to your pics...

• Donating Members

ended up getting one from couresty fraud they also put the short shifter in to ... havn't been able to drive it yet I'm not in NZ at the mo the clutch that was in it I was pretty sure was a the AP racing twin like what yours will have and it lasted about a year of abuse was still hanging in there just started to slip if it got warm or trying to over take.. havn't been to any tracks to get a proper time but have had a little play on a back road using power poles as my markers (they're 100m a part on open road) and was doing around 12.5 in slightly damp conditions and clutch slipping..

Think theres pics somewhere in the NZ forum kinda hard to take any at the mo lol..

• Member For: 13y 3m 24d

hey guys

having a few issues with the t atm anyways as I had stated before I have a BA MKI now considering mods quite keen on the wastegate flapper mod however I know the BAI's have some fairly weak internal bits eg.valve springs from what I've heard so before I go about making som extra kw's what and where do think I should start. when it comes to uprgrading to stronger internal parts

cheers

the jet

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

You need to have a power target.

What gearbox do you have?

I wouldn't do the flapper mod straight away unless I was going to bigger injectors and more than about 10lb boost. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be. I have done the flapper mod now but only to stop overboost at around 16psi with my new mods and I had the whole turbo and manifold out to do the actuator anyway. It was happy at about 270rwkw with the standard wastegate but was just starting to let some boost out because the standard actuator spring couldn't hold it in.

If you are thinking of removing the cat just be aware that people have said here in the forums that you may need a bigger actuator to hold the boost once you drop the exhaust pressure (lots of work).

The best value for money is a good tune imo but free up your air intake first.

Only have the standard xr6t 4 spd tranny from what ive heard these are one of the cars biggest weak spots when it comes to tuning.

power goal or goals:

short term 260-270rwkw

long term 300- beyond

just dont have the funds to big things atm eg opening engine or strengthening tranny.

you'll have to excuse the dumb questions and my naievity (new to all things EFI and turbo)

so anyways what do you lads reckon?

how much grunt can the diff take before breaking?

• Donating Members

you should be able to get 260rwkw with tune F6 airbox and prehaps remove the centre mufflers..don't no much about the 4 sp prehaps jsut a tranny cooler ??.My diff has taken punishment from 320rwkw (manual to) for about a year no problems and I'm not afraid to drop 2 black lines every now and then

sounds like the way to go cheers mate will be on the hunt over the next few months. I'm a cow cocky for a crust and in the process of selling some livestock will be buying parts after then

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

I have a cold air intake I will be selling if you are interested. I used it for about a week and it was too noisy for me and I decided I like the standard air intake element better because it's finer. PM me if you are interested. This is it on my car. I can give you a good price. http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q5/ripTide99/MyEngineMods.jpg

The setup in that pic gave me about the same power you are looking for (with the tune). I was impressed with the HDi GT2 intercooler for the money.

Edited by riptide