Any South Islanders On The Forum?

silverjet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 16d

Arr good to see a new post in the nz forum welcome been pretty quite around here.. think theres a few good tuning shops down there.. you know you will get the bug after sifting around this place for a while..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 11d

Hi Silverjet, I'm in CHCH there are a few of us here. I have played around with mine and I would do the waist gate flapper mod and new actuator 12lb and not do the cooler straight up. Talk to Johnathan at Harman motors he tuned mine. I have 280kw at the wheels and it drives well.

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 8d

Also hope my countrymen/women are all good!! Keep safe and keep strong! wish I could help more

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 11d

Hi silverjet, I don't know what the BA exhaust system is like but on the BF it seems fine standard for plenty of rwkw.

You can do some moderately priced mods for good power gains.

For the air intake I cut the lower part of my airbox out at the front and fitted a folded piece of aluminium over it to stop the warm air from the engine bay getting sucked in and just let the cold air from under the headlight in (the snorkel has been removed because of the HDi intercooler).

Below are some ideas on where I think might be a good place to start and an approximate guess on rwkw, I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong

260rwkw:

Standard injectors, air intake mod and a good tune.

300rwkw+:

42lb injectors, air intake mod, actuator, fuel pump upgrade and a good tune.

Lunch the engine and/or transmission on standard pre 06/06:

60lb injectors, air intake mod, actuator, fuel pump upgrade and a good tune.

A good intercooler with not much pressure drop seems to be a very popular addition.

Removing or upgrading the cat also seems popular.

I had trouble doing burnouts until I freed up the intake and got a 'good' tune :3gears:

I did have an AutotecnicA CAI but took it out and did the mod mentioned above to the airbox. I will try swapping it back on the dyno to see if there is any difference in power (I couldn't feel much if any). What I didn't like about the AutotecnicA CAI was that I could see through the pod filter, so I figured the dust must be able to get through too.

Edited by riptide