Sign in to follow this  
XYZ

Fg F6 610 Rwkw

whats the correction factor on the dyno?

It was not made in shoot out mode.

Why do you need/want to know? Our correction factors are irrelevent to compare to any other dyno in the country, they are always in the 1.05-1.08 range due to our elevation in Toowoomba.

6BOOST

The figures quoted from the dyno used by 6 Boost / Forced Performance are honest and accurate, as are the guys who own and operate it.

E85 is the biggest thing in turbocharging since the the intercooler in my humble opinion.

If you have access to it and a reliable tuner who is aquainted with it, I can only say look at the output that E85 cars are getting and consider using it.

Thanks John. By looking at his posts, and the next one I found being asking for correction factor of Tray's ute, I presume he is some sort of gun tuner who disbelieves every power figure given for the big cars. At the end of the day the dyno is, always has been and always will be a tuning tool and the racetrack is the best dyno there is, unfortunately these big heavy cars are hard to give a true indication unless turned to full race trim, as trying to propel 4000+lbs with 1000+ flywheel hp is never going to be easy.

Our dyno reads an honest figure in comparison to any other, maybe 2-3% high to some low dyno's like Elites, which has always been very conservative, and lower by 3-5% of some of the higher reading dyno's, I'd like to think its right in the middle=)

Anyway, back on topic, now that you've had a chance to drive it, how is the car Ben?

6BOOST

Here`s some thoughts on Ben`s car. First, anytime I see a white FG F6 I just get this wall eye`d stare.. There is just somthing about them eh.

Secondly, I know how stupid my car is with just ( lolz at " just " ) 400 kw at the 245 x 19`s, 610 must be almost rediculous.

But it`s far better to have and not need, am I right?

Finally, Luke? You won`t need to win Lotto, although after you pick your car up from Toowoomba and drive it and then look at the bill you`ll think you have.

Anyway, back on topic, now that you've had a chance to drive it, how is the car Ben?

6BOOST

Couldn't be happier mate, the way it comes onto boost for a big turbo still amazes me..

This is the most streetable performance car I have ever owned.. What some people on here may not be aware of is that this is not just my daily drive but my company car as well. I drive clients around regularly and it was always important when doing this build that the car remained comfortable to live with on a daily basis. And the end result of what I have now is perfect! I have a car that is quite, fuel efficient, (when easy on the right foot) and inconspicuous.. However when it’s time to have a bit fun, this car is just nuts and so much fun to lean on… Just can’t wait to get the auto and tailshaft built so I can have some fun at the track.

Ben

The front bar has come off today to do some work in keeping everything running cool.

I already have the Transcooler installed thanks to 6BOOST, which is situated on the driver side front corner. I am now installing an engine oil cooler in the same position on the other side.

We were orginally going to install some fans in there, however due to tight space we have now decided to go down a different path. I am now going to be removing the spot lights from my front bar keeping the light housing and just removing the bulb. This now has created a nice duct for cold air to travel directly to the 2 coolers. Clinton will then cuting some slits into plastic guard behind the coolers to help the existing air flow.

I will post some more pictures and the results after it has been completed.

Ben

post-37304-0-44921700-1297640983_thumb.j

post-37304-0-14208500-1297641003_thumb.j

Well mate, if its any indication of how much I like your car, I will be buying a white FG F6 ute before end of financial year and building it to a carbon copy of yours :spoton:

Couldn't be happier mate, the way it comes onto boost for a big turbo still amazes me..

This is the most streetable performance car I have ever owned.. What some people on here may not be aware of is that this is not just my daily drive but my company car as well. I drive clients around regularly and it was always important when doing this build that the car remained comfortable to live with on a daily basis. And the end result of what I have now is perfect! I have a car that is quite, fuel efficient, (when easy on the right foot) and inconspicuous.. However when it's time to have a bit fun, this car is just nuts and so much fun to lean on… Just can't wait to get the auto and tailshaft built so I can have some fun at the track.

Ben

Well mate, if its any indication of how much I like your car, I will be buying a white FG F6 ute before end of financial year and building it to a carbon copy of yours :spoton:

:beerchug:

Hey Guys,

Please see some more pics below of the installation of the engine oil cooler and modifications to the front bar that Clinton did for me yesterday.

Been very impressed with the results so far... I don't have accurate temp gauges installed as of yet, however going by the dash readings, engine oil temps have dropped significantly and because we remove the heat exchanger from the ZF as well as the engine oil one, I have also noticed a drop in water temps as well.

Would highly recommend this upgrade for anyone looking at ways of keep your engine running cool..

Ben

post-37304-0-39171800-1297749889_thumb.j

post-37304-0-96122900-1297749972_thumb.j

post-37304-0-97219200-1297750013_thumb.j

post-37304-0-84475600-1297750073_thumb.j

post-37304-0-99592600-1297750114_thumb.j

post-37304-0-70121700-1297750147_thumb.j

go blue so uncommon lol

Na, the only 3 colours I like are Ego, white and red, but I'd never own a red car with fading etc. Red seems pretty rare as well.

6BOOST

You ruin it for everyone else :stirthepot:

I thought I would be happy with 320 at the rubber haha...

lookin at your figures I think I give up...

not even gunna try and compete :turboboink:

Well done on them figures man...

Im jealous

Edited by S3XR6T

faster spool than your hiflow? that's outta control :buttrock:

6BOOST

just how fast are we talking here? stock turbo spool times or close to? If so I think I'll be on the phone to you soon 6BOOST.

can I ask where you are running the engine oil cooler lines from? just a sandwich plate off the filter?

Yes mate, took the heat exchanger out and installed a sandwich plate with -10 fittings and lines to the cooler.