Zf Issues - Anyone Had/got These?

Pete A

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

Dealers do not band-aid a repair to get it through the warranty period, ford australia pay the dealer to fix new car warranty repairs, the dealer will try to get the work if possible, but can only do what the person paying the bill will authorise, whether it's ford or the owner.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 26d

So as long as you call up and say my auto's making funny noises you have an unlimited warranty? Sweet!

Did I say that? He's taken it in, they've repaired it, if those repairs don't fix it they'll have to do it again.

Do you actually read anything properly or just see mention of ZF and break out in to a fit of unrestrained rage?

• Like 5

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 22d

So as long as you call up and say my auto's making funny noises you have an unlimited warranty? Sweet!

Not saying I have an unlimited warranty but when they called me today and asked me if I was happy with the recent service I said yeah. I then told them I wanted it documented that the box was still slipping and I didn't want to be left with a failed gearbox as end of warranty was looming.

I was told that as long it was documented (which she punched notes into the system while I was on the phone) there would be no dramas down the track.

Hope I never have to put them to the test obviously, but time will tell.

Did I say that? He's taken it in, they've repaired it, if those repairs don't fix it they'll have to do it again.

Do you actually read anything properly or just see mention of ZF and break out in to a fit of unrestrained rage?

Yep that's pretty much it. Basically, they've admitted to me that a 'sealed gearbox' lost 500ml of fluid without an explanation. In my world, that's called a 'component failure'. They have explored an initial option to make minor repairs and monitor operation. If normal operation fails, further rectification works will need to be applied.

Edited by Ralph Wiggum

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

Just in case she didn't note it, I'd make note in a comment in here with all that info above ^ of who you spoke to, when it was taken and what was discussed (which you have done). Least on here you can come back in future and even prove its not BS as you can show post dates etc

Just to cover your butt..if you ever need to which hopefully you don't have to! :)

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

So if Essgee's sh*ts itself in ten years time he's just has to take it in an Ford will give him a brand spanker?

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

I am, think once warranty runs out your gonna be pushin sh*t up hill trying to get ford to pay for anything.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

But if you have proof it did have problems prior to it ending you have a better chance of getting repair/replacement. I'd rather document it all just in case. Rather than find out a year after its expired, you have no leg to stand on as no one recorded anything..