Sct Xcal3 - Error 1034?

Full Monty

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

The ford Pcm's need and 18volt signal to the FEPS pin to kick them into programming/flash mode.The X-cal uses some electronic trickery to bump the voltage up for 12.5/13 to 18 but if the battery is a bit weak its can be a struggle to maintain the 18v signal.

Its a good idea to turn off all accessories (AC/interior light.etc etc etc) when flashing as it reduces the load on the battery and helps keep the voltage up

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 6d

got the same issue, wasnt keen to put it back to stock straight away so might start it up, let it run n charge the battery for a bit and then try to reflash.

my x3 is only 2 weeks old and the car about 12 months old so hopefully things dont break that quickly.

Edited by Timmy-XR6T

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 6d

scratch that - I cant even go into the custom tune folder without it telling me about the failed download - looks like it will have to go back to stock and then back to custom - have put a call into my tuner just to double check - dont want to frack anything up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 1m 13d

I tried mine a few days later and I was able to load back to stock, then tried loading the custom tune 30 minutes later and it worked. I think it could be a voltage thing I turned off everything I could even turning my phone off to stop bluetooth connecting (SCT talk about pulling fuses). When the load failed the first time, the bluetooth was trying to connect to my phone. I also heard you need to give the ECU time to adjust between flashes around 30 minutes. Whatever it is it seems common with units purchased in the last few months. I think I have a boost leak now only at the higher end of the psi range, just need to find it in the fg.

• 8 years later...