turbogilly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m

Take it to a quality panel beater for an honest assessment. I would try somewhere like mr gloss?

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Or it could have been submerged. Like flooded. They will write off a car that has. And I personally would not buy one. Nothing is for nothing. Bris will have a big auction soon with all the cars that got flooded. A whole lotta nightmares there with people thinking they got a bargin. Only to have something that will never work well again.

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 10d

Hi Guy's I have just sold mine vy supercharged commodore, looking for a typhoon or fg xr6 turbo.

I have been offered a fg xr6 turbo which was a repairable write off now fully repaired registered for a cheap price the car has only 16,000 on clock, brembo brakes and 2010 model , should I buy this car and if yes for how much. All view's are welcome . Thanks in advance

If its an FG XRt and it's got Factory Brembos on it, then it is most likly a cop car anyway.

I believe when it goes over the pits to be re-registered the repair list is checked off against the car and all repairs are inspected before it is passed.

• Member For: 17y 5m 13d

Depends so much on what was wrong with it.. a mate recently got a BA GT from the auctions (10g), repairable write off, but it has no damage that we can find?? Only a few small things that you can expect for a 140,000km car, I think it was a finance repo but im not sure why it was written off.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

Thanks for all that information guy's, I have decided not to buy that car because owner refused when I asked to get car inspected, and also he was not getiing below 30k, will get a typoon now 06 or 07 if I m lucky.

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 28d

Depends so much on what was wrong with it.. a mate recently got a BA GT from the auctions (10g), repairable write off, but it has no damage that we can find?? Only a few small things that you can expect for a 140,000km car, I think it was a finance repo but im not sure why it was written off.

Probably flooded...

• Member For: 14y 10m 10d

even if a written off car has been repaired correctly when it comes to the time you want to sell it people who do the check will see that the car was or has been a write off good luck explaining that one makes it very hard to get rid of...