Brisbane 335

kyle173

• Member For: 15y 4m 26d

to be honest I think the heat and humidity killed both your 1/4 mile times, heat soak sitting in the waiting lines etc. my ute feels slow as after I sit in traffic on a hot as fark day. but the mph is a great indication (doesnt change that much) point of reference my fg xr6t ute did 13.2 @ 110mph and that was in winter

• Member For: 13y 7m 10d

to be honest I think the heat and humidity killed both your 1/4 mile times, heat soak sitting in the waiting lines etc. my ute feels slow as after I sit in traffic on a hot as fark day. but the mph is a great indication (doesnt change that much) point of reference my fg xr6t ute did 13.2 @ 110mph and that was in winter

I agree. My car feels much more sluggish when it's a really hot day.

• Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Dont forget the ute is carrying 90kg extra beef to the sedan

I would have thought the 335 GT in auto would have gone better than that, maybe the heat had alot to do with it

• Member For: 15y 3m 17d

Or still being a new car with low kilometres.. I noticed my FG XR6T felt a lot slower in the first 1-8,000km's, then once I started working out how to control it and launch it, it ran a lot better. Of course, it was run in by then as well... I'd assume the same with the GT and its owner.. I for one, will have to find out how to drive this thing, as I doubt it'll be the same as the XR6T, being it loses traction even from stock... hmm..

Edited by Arkayne

• Member For: 17y 3m 5d

Kyle you will find that the GT has the power, it's just the fact the both your cars are accelerating to there max traction, the GT is torque limited to try to contain the excessive torque from breaking something.

Your ute is also torque limited, how do you think both these cars hold a flat wide torque curve.

Now where they start to differ is when the hp starts to propel the car.

It's torque that gets you going but horsepower to keep you going.

A car that has more torque will leave the line harder but the car that has more hp will have the legs.

Now with both the F6 & GT being near identical in torque is the reason why you are close, and once the Hp difference comes in then it's the GT's advantage.

The tuned GT's you are seeing are more likely to have there Torque limiters raised or switched off, and are running better tyres & tune only high 11's.

This opens up the potenial of the magic coyote engine.

And just believe me as already been through this in the F6vsGT thread, the coyote engine is capable of handling huge power in STD form.

I didn't say this but see if you can get the guy with the GT to run you on private highway from 100k and up.

Be prepared to be upset.

If you do let us know how it was.

Give you a hint for next time out.

Do short burnout, don't do any show off skids as doing so will raise your cooler temps badly

And street tyres don't like to much heat anyway.

That should help you get your times down if not already doing it.

Also don't bother letting air out of your street tyres as all it will do is distort your tyre and make it unsafe at the top end.

Street tyres are designed to run at set pressure, any thing out side there recommended pressure can cause damage to the steel belts.

Drag tyres are designed to distort and plant as much contact as possible.

Street tyres will concave it's tread meaning less contact.

My brothers FG sedan ran in full showroom trim, spare, jack, log book, etc

Full air pressure in tyres.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 17d

maybe my f6 is a dud? ill take the tornoe of next time see if it goes better. pretty sure the guy in the gt will be running it up on a dyno soon so u can see his power I might even put mine on the dyno again the same day

• Member For: 13y 7m 10d

maybe my f6 is a dud? ill take the tornoe of next time see if it goes better. pretty sure the guy in the gt will be running it up on a dyno soon so u can see his power I might even put mine on the dyno again the same day

I doubt yours is a dud mate - maybe just atmospheric conditions at the time?? Or Fuel??