Xforced

XFORCED

• Member For: 13y 3m 22d

Hi guys thought Id just say a quick hello, joined up to further my knowledge on the XR6 turbo gear. Im currently building project XFORCED so to speak. Building an off its head DOHC turbo conversion into my 86 XF Falcon, lots of custom gear and tonnes of hours in the shed going into the project. So hope you guys like lots!

Few pics of the project below

Donor Car

IMG_3526.jpg

Donor engine, Nizpro stage 3 complete rebuild, stage 2 full kit, twin plate clutch etc etc

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

and the car its going into

61290_427676796777_589526777_5074285_2746820_n.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 9d

Wow should be an interesting build, hope you're gonna stick some decent brakes on that thing. Are you looking for it to be street driven or is this a track workhorse?

• Member For: 15y 3m 5d

Looks good mate, please keep us all posted with how you go with the build and welcome to the forum. :icon_ford:

No doubt someone on here will know the owner of the donor vehicle.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

Looks very interesting, keep us all posted and plenty of pics.

Oh and welcome to the forum, great first post :spoton:

I found out on another forum that the engine was rebuilt by Nizpro about 5000kms before the accident, I actually brought the car not knowing that it had the complete rebuild done so massive score for me. its still a while way before its in and running but will definately get there over the next 18 months

Wow should be an interesting build, hope you're gonna stick some decent brakes on that thing. Are you looking for it to be street driven or is this a track workhorse?

Will be street registered and engineered, good compramise between show and go, and yes the brakes will be big, at least 18's to fit them on, smaller booster so it doesnt instantly lock up when you plough the brakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update. The notching kit for the engne bay arrived on friday, will allow me to notch out the strut towers so that I can fit the engine with turbo attached in the engine bay, without the need to make up a highrise manifold to fit the turbo in. Car will be spun on the resto roller later this week so I can start to work on the underbody of the car, I need to make up brackets to fit the XR seats, mount the handbrake on the floor and run the handbrake clips. I am getting there slowly. I also took lots of measurements yesterday, conveniently enough I should be able to the run the standard loom for the computer through the firewall and mount on the underside of the glovebox. will make for a neat engine bay

Edited by XFORCED