Heat Exchangers

Quicker6

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 2d

I dont think ford will warranty anything that is bolted to an inhanced vehicle even if they did waranty it. Its the transmission im really concerned with.. the heat exchange is 180 the trans is 7400.

obviously excluding obviously modified cars, but I'm thinking more that given whats at stake if the heat exchanger fails after 3 months, surely Ford "should" fix the gearbox. If the car was stock and you replaced the heat exchanger only to have it fail after 3 months and ruin a gearbox I'd be :censored:pissed .

7400 is pretty steep. Riki got his rebuilt by Monsta Torque in WA for about $2800 including shipping.

I just changed my heat exchanger the other day - perhaps I should have done the remote tranny cooler after all :roflmbo:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 14y 7m 26d

Word is that unless your going to make some big power numbers its better to just swap the heat exchanger units from the F6 spec-r / Territory ones

Factory trans cooler has a thermostat working for them so they ensure the car's at constant operating temperature

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 2d

Factory trans cooler has a thermostat working for them so they ensure the car's at constant operating temperature

is the thermostat in the gearbox? because there is nothing between the box and the heat exchanger.

• Member For: 14y 10m 18d

what tranny cooler do people reccomend for the zf. I think I might install one to be safe since a few have gone recently.

im using b&m trans cooler with thermo fan and built in thermostat you can them from rocket industries there are 2 sizes to choose from

is the thermostat in the gearbox? because there is nothing between the box and the heat exchanger.

no the thermostat will be on the trans cooler not in the gearbox

• Member For: 14y 7m 26d

Correct, also, u will noticed that even after turning the car off for several hours (winter excluded) the trans oil temp would tend to stay around the 20-30'C mark, so the next time u use the damn vehicle it won't have to work harder than it should to warm it up when u drive off, less is more :icon_ford:

Do u think I should take my sh*tbox falc00n to BMW though? The ZF TRANS is a piece of sh*t when it comes to servicing

(grammatical errors forced me to edit this thread, just once) :buttrock:

Edited by GinjaNinja

• Member For: 15y 22d

Well so far my car is at ford pending approval for an order on a transmission. Its been 2weeks surely someone can make a decision. The stats are its been under 12mths and ive done 19,500klms they're warranty states 12mths or 20,000klms on parts what ever comes first.Q:This the same place I purchased the now f...ed transmission and heat exchange from.First I purchased the car $30,000 plus on rd costs, then after being denied the warranty on the first box due to upgrades on the car, which after plenty of dispute ended up costing around $8000 just to get moving it all has happened again.. Im filthy at the hole out come so far.. I certainly cant affored this problem again...