The Alice Springs To Sydney Nightmare

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 23d

f*ck man... lucky I didnt come with ya..

I would of hired a car and a trailer.. towed her down.. as you would of had to pay for tickets return and also - towing.. I feel for ya mate! 2011 brings on a new year with happyness :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug::icon_ford:

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Why? :dontknow:

It's a modified car.

Hopefully it's a simple (and cheap) fix.

Yeah mate paid 29k car had 20k on it and 5 year extended warranty! Plus it has 330 rwkws and my Ford dealer agreed to honour the factory warranty.

Change ya name to ADnauseam :roflmbo:

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 6d

I would be worried as the dealer does not have a say in the warranty.Ford have final say onit theyy will have to get approval before they even start to fix it.

Ian

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d

:stupid:

Like I said, I hope it all works out, but I wouldn't hold your hopes on the dealer. If they do get it under warranty then you've had a win.

It might be an idea to hit up the old owner if warranty doesn't come to the party.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 17d

OK quick update on this debacle!

Car was delivered to my Ford Dealer on Thursday and they only really as of this morning had a chance to get into it.

Well look what they found early into their diagnosis:-

3 plugs had melted (do you think the tune was lean much) and we initially think that the pcs have gone down and into the valve seats and this is the tapping noises that we are hearing.

One thing that surprised us though was that all 6 cylinders all had equal and perfect compression!

So it may be as simple as removing the debris and checking the vavles if all good then screwing her all back together and we'll be all good.

Or we order a new head through Ford and fic it that way.

I'll know more tomorrow when they have the head off.

Stay tuned!

Epynb.jpg

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d

:shocked:

Glad to hear they found the source of the problem. It's safe to say that just didn't happen after you picked it up.

Hopefully there's no problems with the head and it just needs new plugs.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 15d

Hope all it all works out for you - my bet would be that the end of the plugs are wedged in the top of 1 or more pistons and hitting the head every time it goes past TDC. dont drive car hard with that tune or fuel in it till you get it checked - some major detonation has gone on there looking at your plugs

Edited by F1PERFORMANCE

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

Mate I might have missed something here but are Ford still doing this all under warranty? I hope there isn't some sort of 'communication problem' and they laugh as they hand you the bill. I say this because I find it very hard to believe that they'll do this if it's making 330rwkw because that's more than just a 'flash' and they bail out at that normally! We'd be talking injectors, cat, maybe pump, etc. Just hope they haven't roped you in mate. If they cover you, we'll all be happy because I've already kissed my warranty goodbye with just a tune! cheers, Bomber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10.5 @ 132MPH
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 3d

That sucks about your car man id be asking the previous owner like what the :censored: and who did the tuning to have that much bad luck in 24 hours,those plugs look shocking!!! I feel for ya hope everything works out man and would love to see the blue meany on the street when all is over.Goodluck and may the :icon_ford: s be with you in this crisis. :beerchug: