Fg Dash Lights

dre

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 27d

I love the look of the FG dash at night but there seems to be no way to keep the blue illumination on when it's not dark outside. I know I wouldn't be able to see it all of the time but there is plenty of times where it would be handy. It seems to only come on late long after I have started using my headlights.

Anyone know how to make them stay on?

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 2d

I would not do that as it will stuff up the sunload sensor for the climate control.

I have not found any way to make them always come on. Even with the lightest settings, it still needs to be evening or a tunel to make them come on.

It used to annoy me, but I live with it :icon_ford:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 22d

lol...yep. As Zap mentioned it will confuse the climate control, in full sunlight it increases the cooling to compensate. You can most notice it when entering/leaving tunnels.

Just means you'd have to knock the temp back half a degree in the daytime I guess. No real drama.

Personally I'm a fan of the dash illumination...but it can be sh*tful when driving at dusk and dawn as it flicks on and off all the time.

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 27d

You would think so but that's how I found out that it doesn't!! I installed some white LED parkers and I thought I will just leave them on an dnoticed when I went through a tunnel the dash lights came on. At first I never realised as I was in full sunlight and then I thought hey! my dash lights are independant to headlights. I was suprised as I don't see why they are not linked.

As for the temp.. I'll just turn it down a notch if I have to.

• Member For: 17y 5m 24d

I'm really confused? On my FG F6 the right stalk has 4 positions for the lights (from memory): Auto, Off, Park, On. Can't you just set it to do what you want?

Also, if you go into the lighting settings menu, you can adjust the sensitivity and time of the sunlight sensor to suit your preferences.