Ba Xr6T Ute

blow off

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 21d

Thanks for the support lads.. We have managed to get it running OK below 3000rpm on a 98 tune, but needs work and have run out of time. Dave has been great. Heading back over to the land of smiles on Tuesday for long time. Dave wacked 9 degrees into it and boosted to only 24psi and it made 470rwks before the Dyno packed it in.

Leaving it with my mechanics to sort out the other issues and when return to our great land we will get straight back into tuning/running it down the strip, pending any failures... Cheers Gents and will keep current with what you mad F#ckers are doing with all these BOOSTED rigs.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

6. After putting the boot into it and then off throttle boost/power is held for 3-5 seconds and the Ute still powers up and along....maybe a bigger blowoff valve ???, this is only with around 24psi and up. Glad it hads 6 pot Brembos and 4's on the rear, LOL.

Maybe fit dual blowoff valves also?

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 21d

You lads are going nuts with this these XR6T's !!!!

Really starting to miss the Ute (You Lads are having too much fun !!) due to still being in Thailand and what has been going on with it while over here....After the last round of tuning (Like 4 months ago) found once again some lose stuff around the waist gate, when thinking and feeling she was not just right. Found the problems and all sorted and rang Dave before taking off OS to make sure AFR's would be cool with extra boost, now felts like 540rwks on 24psi on pump and without the lag.

Have been looking on with keen interest with fellow members on the head lifting problems regarding boost, got all the big head work, Studs, Cams and Copper gasket with the new 998R ATOMIC donk, what have you lads been boosting these to with these spec's. Did a sh*t load of looking into this regarding motor, turbo, box, stall and diff ratios. It will make what is does on the day but wanting to match the turbo to the motor and push 36+ PSI on Meth, that's my goal as a Dyno Bitch. Running it as a track Ute, well that's a different story.

Got the sh*ts with the T400 problems and got Brinks In Townsville to build it good for 1500ph+ on 4000lb allowing big boost out of the 42 GTX Garrett. He changed the Trans brake set up too. Here is what's been done.

Billet Steel rollerized fwd hub

Griner 34G10 Billet Trans Brake Valve Body

300 maraging alloy Input shaft

XL Aluminimum drum w/ 36 element sprag

5 disc Intermediate clutch stack

Modified oiling & breather system

5 disc HP Waffle Red Direct stack

Intermediate Case strut

We have done some other mods to keep temps down in the engine bay with stuff like keeping fuel temps down with running all 4 044 pumps via boost, meaning the more boost the more pumps kick in. Before with running 2 pumps all the time within 20 minutes the fuel was near 70 deg, on PUMP. Methanol will be a happier story. Dave wants to tune it running on 98 first and then get into the meth.

Looking forward to getting the right set up and having fun with it. Want to get the Ute down to Dave while I'm still over in Thailand for the next 3 months for him to get it to its full output

Edited by blow off

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 17d

good luck buddy it will all be worth it when its done...im off to see dave again on monday so he can give my new fg its first tune :rockon: I have been without a boosted falcon for a few months and its killing me, so I cant imagine how your feeling