Ba Xr6T Ute

blow off

• UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 11d

when is the next round of tuning getting done and 1/4 mile testing getting done?BTW your old PW cooler is serving me well!! :icon_ford:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d

Excellent, glad to hear the PW gear is going well Mate. :beerchug:

We want to tune it before the 8th of Jan, that's when Townsville re-opens and they are a lot more lenient that surrounding tracks if you get what I mean. :innocent:

• UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 11d

good luck with it all,looks like a lot of time and $$$ invested in the project,hope you get the results you want! :beerchug:

• Donating Members

Brought them off McDonald Bros Racing in Vic, they have heaps of great gear, have a gander at their site...which includes all prices too.

No clearance issues about 4 hours to install with some welding involved with the Ute hooking up at least 50% better. Well worth it if you have around or over 450+kws. Down side is the Ute creaks when turning into/out of driveways but hey with twin 3" exhaust and a heap of fuel pumps it's just another compromise.

Prior to the Caltracs going on there is another mod that can be done and it is well worth it for the small amount of time required. Use some plate, around 5mm and encase the leafs towards the front of the diff were 3 of them terminate, just have the Ute sitting normally or jack up at the diff and weld the now shaped plate around each leaf and this well madly reduce the leaf roll up. Not the best of photos but you can just see what's been done. :beerchug:

Ute11.jpg

Edited by blow off

• Donating Members

The axels have been welded into the built diff. Gears are 3:4:1 but might have to change them, unless we up the rev limiter and put some big slicks on it.

The standard diff died with 400kws but the thing is driven hard. :roflmbo:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Sorting out the Flaring Stall, going a 10.5" Custom number and whacking a Tranzs Brake on the T400 while we are at it.

We only increased the timing by 2 degrees from 98 pump and we have now found out that a minimum of 30 degrees is a starting point using methanol...

Hanging out for the next tunning run :turboboink:

Edited by blow off

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 26d

I have been for a spin in chads car its a weapon he has had another tune and car is running very well will be good to see how it goes down the quarter makes my car 330rwkw feel like I picked it up from the nursing home lol ps well done chad awsome ute