Ba Xr6T Ute

blow off

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

Doin it on street tyres with a flaring converter a 10 was never gonna happen especially on its maiden trip. You've got the right idea mate go & iron out any small annoying bugs & then when your comfortable & the utes perfect let it rip!!!

Edited by qik1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

Who built the converter? Obviously not TCE, as they have done several for us and have been brilliant. If you have any more converter issues give us a call and I'll give you the part number to use, congrats on a weapon of a car :beerchug:

6BOOST

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

I didn't read they were running transmax Z, if so that is no good at all for a T400, Type F is the best fluid for them if you can get it, Transmax M is also good if you can't.

6BOOST

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d

You got it totally right John, sort these small issues and roll it out again.

Had a good look into these oil's and with speaking with my Box/Converter builder he recommends the transmax Z, on the other oils application details they state with extreme use eg Drag Racing the Z is referred too. Hope this sounds right guys..

Wacked in another PWR cooler/fan and moved the existing 1, should do the job of getting the massive amount of heat out... :Doh:

cooler.jpgcooler2.jpg

Edited by blow off

• HOON
  • Member For: 14y 13d

How do the coolers work sitting back there? Do you have a trans temp guage if so what temps does it read? my c4 has one B&M cooler with thermo fan mounted where fog light use to sit hottest it gets is 180deg/f

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d

The Tranz temps in any car will vary in heat mainly due to the power put through it, converter size and the oil used. What size stall you got and power, how hard to you drive it/Race. I'm a bit mad when it comes to racing, the Adlerian kicks in and run straight after run is normally done, 80% of the time there is no wait, straight into burnout and staging.

With 450rwks the now moved cooler which was in a very similar place to yours handled it, with the extra 150rwks that changed everything. The cooler got that hot the paint on the front bar started to go pear shaped. We stuck a fan in front of the front bar and there was strong air movement in this location and having them on a angle will increase surface area and the fans are just back up. Will have to get a temp gauge. The old oil was fried and stunk. :icon_ford: