F6 310 Vs 335 Gt Raceway

cranny

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

PS: GTs are sh*t.

:omg:

I think... wait yep, we just agreed on something. Now what?

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 7d

Different car ran 12.29 @ 112 mph in WA. Mine stock from dealer ran 12.6@112, spare in boot, stock dunlops and stock filter. 12.4-12.6's very common for these.

11.8 Blueboost's car, he said pipes changed because the stock ones are known to pop. Yep stock intercooler.

Motor and wheels are crap. The trick is in the launch. You tell me how they got crap times from the cars in the tuners Challenge? Also was done on a dragstrip and not a road with vbox where the sudden rush of boost spins the f6 wheels and the torque limiting on the ZF comes into effect.

Stock XR6T FG has gone 12.59.

Have a read through here

:stirthepot: GT335 aint the T6 smasher the mags lead you to believe :stirthepot:

Edited by RynoF6
  • Like 1

• Member For: 13y 5m 13d

Thanks for the novel 01txr, but mate I was purely stating what my F6 ran standard(except k&n panel) as I stated. And also for the record, Lee who owns RDP was there at the time and saw my run. Lee ran car up on dyno as he was very surprised by the time, and made 386 hp at the wheels. And also I haven't been back to the track yet as I have not even chipped it yet so not much point I thought.

But with the rush of power and torque that the F6 TURBO comes on with, I really can't see myself going to the coyote,but agreed they are a very decent powerplant and have put the FPV back on the pedestal where it belongs.

Cheers FF6

• Member For: 13y 5m 13d

Different car ran 12.29 @ 112 mph in WA. Mine stock from dealer ran 12.6@112, spare in boot, stock dunlops and stock filter. 12.4-12.6's very common for these.

11.8 Blueboost's car, he said pipes changed because the stock ones are known to pop. Yep stock intercooler.

Motor and wheels are crap. The trick is in the launch. You tell me how they got crap times from the cars in the tuners Challenge? Also was done on a dragstrip and not a road with vbox where the sudden rush of boost spins the f6 wheels and the torque limiting on the ZF comes into effect.

Stock XR6T FG has gone 12.59.

Have a read through here

:stirthepot: GT335 aint the T6 smasher the mags lead you to believe :stirthepot:

Well said RynoF6 :buttrock:

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Potential as in over 1500hp.

and yes even quicker times then 8's done by i6.

Even the old 5.4 has 7's in the states but mine yes a lighter stang.

Agree in not much difference with potential as what's a few tenths of a second anyway.

But the the main part of it's potential will be to stay together with it's superior engine design.

Also it will have more potential as track engine as in circuit racing.

Potential in how quick they have run so far without intercoolers, gearing up the sc or even developing more efficient headers/Extractors, suspension mods.

I can recall when the i6 first arrived it took ages for one to run into the 11's.

Seems now most do agree the Coyote is by far a more superior engine so that being the case and the rest of the FG being basically identical why then do you i6 guys still think the coyote does not have more potential.

I have never said the i6 is not a good performer just that it is not a reliable motor due to it's

cost budgeting design that also design originated from the first Aus falcon.

Everyone would have to agree the I6 would be so much better and have alot more potential if it was built with forged crank and rods and more square in bore to stroke ratio.

However due to it's long crank design it still would not be as good as the Coyote and would not have the engine capacity.

The i6 is fantastic for what it is, but honestly if you think it's the better option stay with it while everyone with more than half a brain will choose the much refined Coyote powered

vehicle.

In plain simple as it gets

310kw @ 565Nm v's 335kw @ 570Nm

Rest of vehicles are both near identical with no other advantage one has over the other.

GT wins.

So Joe blow with his stock off the floor i6 is more creditable then motor or wheels mag

Testing genuine untouched

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Ah wait there is more

Potenial to rev higher and harder.

Try revving a standard crank i6 over 7000rpm for a sustain period of time and see what

Happens, the Coyote crank will do it comfortably.

So more engine Capacity & higher revs does not equal more potential prove me wrong.

Just can't see a twin turbo'd or even still a geared up blown intercooled Coyote not having more potential then a out dated I6.

And yes got to stop biting and wasting my time trying to explain to half brained twats why the Coyote is so much better.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 28d

I find it very interesting that the crummy old I6 only produces 5 NM less than the allmighty coyote.

let me just state that some people actually buy these cars stock and leave them stock Hence keeping the warranty. I myself will be buying either the new GT or F6 as a company car. and last time I checked leasing companies dont let you tune the s%&t out of it. so that awsome Coyote with its Supercalfragalistic forged internals and the Updated Flux capacitor will never see its full potential. as far as stock goes some say the F6 is Quciker and some say the GT, I have driven both and I feel that the F6 is quicker. most people dont have a spare 75 k Cash under there bed to fork out for one of these cars let alone another 10k for Mods. lets be realistic guys the i6 Value for money power and Performance is amazing and its proven.

just to remind you guys out there of those crummy I6s that are out in the world I made a list.

RB26DETT

RB25DET

RB30

1JZE

BMW M1

HEMI I6( BEAT THE GTHOS )

BARRA 182 (THE FORUM IS BASED AROUND)

JAGUAR XJ6

Just a couple of i6s there is a heap of more engines like the above that produce huge HP.

Edited by cranny

• Member For: 14y 9m 19d

just to remind you guys out there of those crummy I6s that are out in the world I made a list.

RB26DETT

RB25DET

RB30

1JZE

BMW M1

HEMI I6( BEAT THE GTHOS )

BARRA 182 (THE FORUM IS BASED AROUND)

JAGUAR XJ6

Just a couple of i6s there is a heap of more engines like the above that produce huge HP.

You forgot the best of them all...the mighty 2JZ. :beerchug: