F6 310 Vs 335 Gt Raceway

cranny

• Member For: 13y 6m 4d

WOW, guess I should get my head out of mw ass, I didn't know that a GT335 had gone that quick yet. Very bloody impressive

Great to see that the GT is finally back on top, (King of the Hill) as it should be.

Well done blue oval boys.

Cheers FF6. :icon_ford:

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 29d

So 01txr how is the GT335 faster? look back through my posts on this topic.

GT335 is slower

Edited by RynoF6

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 6d

Hi all,

Long time lurker - but felt wanted to say that I appreciate the views being put forward in this thread. I am currently weighing up new GS vs demo/older F6. Theres definitely some potential in the new coyote!

Paul

• Member For: 17y 3m 5d

Ok so the totally stock F6 ran 12.3 no mods at all, factory tyres, factory tune, factory air cleaner and so total as bought from dealer new.

Be interesting to hear about it. Pretty dam good, have anyothers got near that time and hoe come that F6 hasn't gone quicker yet considering it was on a hot humid day.

Did owner end up modding it? Not being smart or anything just never heard of it that's all.

and Fly F6 with his supposedly running 12.38 is same car you are talking about.

I know the RDP car ran 10.9 but had turbo, exhaust, ic, and tune mods.

Also the the 11.8, you mentioned you said metal intake piping, was it running more boost than standard, maybe intercooler, why had they changed the piping if no boost increase?

The Standard GT tune only went 11.7 so that's quicker and XFT's GS ute also went 11.7 of memory, tune only, not even airfilter change.

Then same GT running 11.5 cat back exhaust.

These are not even intercooled and look at what they can do.

Near everyone buys better rubber than what car comes with and once the GT has decent rubber under it it should be alot quicker than a F6.

From all the motor mags I saw I was disappointed that the F6 was only as quick as the G6et.

Also the GT is Faster in Standard Form, both Wherls Mag and Motor tested it and both stated the fact.

Wheels said in the comparo between the GTS, F6 & GT that from 0-180 the GT had put 80m between the GTS and the F6 had Put 25m on the GTS that's GT by 55m on the F6.

GT is faster!

Motor Mag stated it with actual timing the speeds, if I have to I will when I get home quote out it's acceleration.

If both the Motor & Wheels mags with actual factory standard cars and experienced drivers come to the same conclusion it is faster well I'm believing them over Joe blow who claims his F6 has gone 7.0 @ 190mph with just and only a air filter replacement.

Also the quarter testing in the motor Mag also by memory stated the GT to be Quicker even though both struggled for traction with saying both would be quicker again if had better track and tyre.

Even still as I have also said earlier even if the GT was slower it has more potential and I and many others would prefer it over a F6.

Also both are still great Aussie heavy weights and both show the HSV the way home.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

More potential to do what? 1000hp? 8 second pass? Both have been done by the I6 already. How much "More Potential" do you need? The ablity to fly or break the speed of sound?

I now feel a little dumber for having contributed to this argument...

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 26d

:spit:

Good one spaz...you'll get them all wound up again. Although it'd be good to hear some more on aeronautical engineering...NFI what that's got to do with the price of eggs but it is amusing

:bliss:

PS: GTs are sh*t.