F6 310 Vs 335 Gt Raceway

cranny

Guest XR09
  • Guests

O1txr

I have a graph showing the strengths of different casts, forging and other applications in Alloy and steel. But I cant get it to post right so it will take a bit of typing. I put that up there so they had a little more knowlege of the scale that I was or will put up lol. Sorry got hungry and horny.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m

And the saga continues.

Factory V factory, there seems to be a fairly clear winner here as far as power potential from a long motor goes. Beyond that, it comes down to how much money do you want to spend?

• Member For: 17y 3m 4d

XR09

That's what we need here, just hope it's understandable for all.

Maybe people will understand why the Coyote is far superior.

Do you have the link for it or is it a document?

I did a bit of ACAD Inventor when I was doing my diploma, and was amazed of it's

Materials list and how it could test strengths, like draft up say a axle and apply a twisting

Force to it and it would give full analysts of the result.

You entered in the material type and you could change from one to another to see different

Results, pretty accurate as well, my teacher told me he had taught guys from DJR this program.

I have also been shown rollcage structural drafting/designing by one of the 888 engineers

He was currently doing one for the new at time falcon racecar that was in the chassis section being fabricated.

He showed me how he could turn off varies layers like shell, driveline, panels etc

He showed me how they simulated crash impacts and how the program showed the stress

Area values at every joint.

Pretty dam amazing.

That's new tech being used on new and improved engineered practices along with

All the new CNC machining and high grade materials.

I can't recall a single piece on a V8 being cast iron, entry of forged alloys and steels along with carbon fiber.

Give me a GT 335 someone please, I promise I won't text another thing about it, I will be to

busy driving it till I have no fuel money, and probably be sleeping in it as well. And no smart

Replies, I have a wife, and yes she will also be made to sleep in it.

Time to sleep and dream about owning a GT 335

Good night hope all have had a good start to the year

Great work there XR09

Very good reading maybe when I get some spare time I will read it and see if it helps me in locating the rods flaws.

They should also have info on forged metals

Has cranny and the rest of the i6 guys gone on holidays not getting any response from them, do you think they may have finally relized the i6 isn't in the same league as the coyote.

Bit surprised to see the TVR runs a ductile cast crank?

Then again I heard they used the V8 Ford Windsor/5.0L and it has the cast iron crank.

I would have though that being of sportscar statue they would have up graded the internals.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Nah their just over us lol

I am betting the TVR crank was Quench ??(something like that) tempered. Which is pretty strong and has very good tensile strength. Almost as hard as white cast. Yet not brittle. And there is another factor. While some are hard they have a low tensile strength. Being brittle. Horses for courses.

You can get to forging through their site (Cambridge) Some of those thesis are amazing. And funnily most by very young Asian geniuses.

My mate and his wife did their doctorates there and put me onto the site. An amazing library.

• Member For: 13y 6m 3d

The F6 has longer legs then the GT335 which gives it the rolling top end speed, however, tests have shown the GT335 is quicker down the 1/4 and too 100... nothing a bit of tuning won't change though.

IMO do the right things to the SC V8 and it will be a lot stronger the the T6 right through the rev range, especially in the lower rev range.

I beg to differ with these comments, my FG F6 ran 12.38 sec with only a K & N panel filter as the only mod. My car had only 10 000 kms on it at the time. Which on the dyno made only 3 hp difference hich is f/all in terms of again.

So sorry but without sounding arragent the F6 is definitely quicker, which is not what the media want to hear..

Cheers Guy, just my 2 cents worth.

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 28d

Has cranny and the rest of the i6 guys gone on holidays not getting any response from them, do you think they may have finally relized the i6 isn't in the same league as the coyote.

I dont think that anyone said the components used in the new coyote were not superior to the L6. I know forged is far stronger. As for the block(alloy vs steel) that's an issue of weight vs strength.

But stock car from factory the coyote is slower.

Flying f6

That's pretty dam good 12.38 must of been quickest FG F6 in Aus hadn't heard one go that quick with just a air filter, that k&n must be a orsm filter, pretty sure the herrod car was the first FG to run one as well tune and other stuff and don't think it even went that quick.

You running slicks on it to do those times.

Even still standard GT 335 tune only standard filter went 11.7 so sorry to say but 11.7 is quicker than 12.38.

Won't be long and we will start seeing some very quick times from these Coyote's.

As for media they have all said the times would be a lot quicker if it wasn't for the small rubber on the rear.

Get a GT 335 and put some 265 Toyo proxy or anything similar and it will be quicker than a F6 with same straight out the box.

Will just have to wait till we hear someone do so to get a idea if what potential these have in standard form with decent rubber.

XR09 stop bloody teasing us, what a nice package. Didn't take long for someone to do it.

Wonder how much a blown coyote will be from a wrecker if someone happens to write one off. Maybe should finish my engine build and sell it if one comes up.

Bit of a job though and would need gearbox, ecu, wiring, sump modified and numerous other things.

Stop I'm just dreaming again just going have to rob a bank and go buy one.

Why did ford have to do this I was happy building my new i6 and molding my car and now it is not going to be as great as what it was as we will start seeing modded GT's and GS's and they are going to be hard to beat They will rule the street.

GT is back where it belongs, top of the ford line up.