Ba To Fg Main Girdle Differences

01txr

• Member For: 17y 3m 11d

Ok found that sump is completely different due to different crossmember

And looks like pickup is towards the rear not at the front as per BA - BF.

Main Girdle helps stiffen the block due to the crankshaft flexing under high load

The more boost and revs the worst the flex and stronger bracing required.

I think the Atomic Girdle is a 10mm piece of billet steel so compared to

The factory 2 separated piece rails, one either side held together by the thin

Baffle/Windage tray is only really good in standard power plus minor power increase.

Another advantage of tying the main caps together is that the block does not flex so bad that can cause head gasket failure.

I was going to just use the standard girdle for now but have since changed plans and now putting finish of my build off till can afford a good girdle and studs saves stuffing around removing engine again. Just means I have to be patient and wait till funds permit.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

there's no difference between a bf tyhoon motor to a fg f6 motor. it is proven on another post that both conrods are the same. both will handle the same amount of power with the right tune. the post to look for is [ fg f6 bottem end and 450rwks ] there is even pictures of the rods.

• Member For: 17y 3m 11d

Ok beleive you but we are talking about main girdle here.

And maybe rods are the same but the sump is not and by the sound of it the main girdle is also different along with cylinder head, dipstick position and something with the engine mounts.

So there are differances with the Typhoon & FG F6 but as you said in your 2nd sentance the rods are the same, not needing to know that as I have Argo Rods in my build.

Im going to draft up a plan to have a main girdle laser cut so will keep anyone who is interested posted.

Also have a few contacts to sorce Main Studs.

Just a bit hard right at present at this time of year as no one is open for business or to busy.

Other than that the Atomic product is pretty good.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

ok cool, thought you where talking bout standard motors. and yeah xmas gotta love it. I think with engine mount, to my understanding is you have to shave down the right hand side to make it fit in. and for the girdle just get atomic all the research is done for you. plus the have 2 types I think. there is guys on here who swear by it.