Ba To Fg Main Girdle Differences

01txr

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Went into ford today to inquire about main girdle Windage tray for my new BA engine build.

Anyway they list different part number for BA and fg turbo with the fg one being the cheaper option.

What I would like to know is what the difference is and will they fit the BA engine.

If they don't fit why and is it worth making it fit if practical.

Are they thicker or stronger?

I'm in need of one urgent as well sump. If anyone has one local to Brisbane let me know.

• Member For: 13y 4m 13d

I think the FG sump has a lower clearance towards the rear of the sump and this is reflected in the design of the Windage tray when compared to the BA/BF. I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge on the topic will tune in soon mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 3m 9d

The sump in the Ba has no clearance for the baffle at no 6 cylinder so there is none there. As for the fg this isn't an issue so all cylinders have a baffle. I'm in the process of changing Ba to fg f6 bottom end hence how I know all u have to do is cut away the baffle part with tin snip its clear when you compare them what needs to be done

. Also a point to make out here is nearly all fg parts are cheaper because ford want us to buy new cars instead of repairing old ones. I found this out when the price I received for a bf typhoon short motor was 300 dollers dearer and the fg is better any way.

Hope this clears things up.

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Does a BA sump fit onto a FG F6 engine? Which girdle do I have to purchase? What modifications if any, are required?

Edited by HI PSI

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 2d

yep BA sump and oil pickup will fit. I think FG F6 motors come with the girdle.

Check out ebay - New fg f6 short and reco'd fg xr6t head with either a b series sump or fg sump for 5k

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Thanks

Just going to use a XT girdle.

Will drill out spot welds to remove baffle plate splash shield piece for turbo oil return off my damaged girdle And tack it in place onto the XT one as it is the only difference.

Or if I can scrounge enough doe I will get a atomic girdle.