Xr6t Problem

BAXR6T

• Member For: 21y 5m 23d

Hello,

I purchased an XR6T 3 weeks ago and they still can't give me a delivery date. I was meant to find out on the 26/10 but apparently all production of the XR6T has stopped. There is a problem with the transmission on the Turbo and they need to resolve it before production starts again. All other BA's are OK. This pisses me off not knowing when my car will be ready. I was told initially that delivery should be 1st week of December but who knows now. This isn't good news for Ford. They have a great product that craps over it's main rival but can't deliver. Does anyone else have any info on the problem?

By the way I have bought a Blue Print XR6T with Sunroof, Leather, Premium Audio and Tow Pack.

Another question what is the brand of sound system in the BA's? Ford won't tell me. :angry:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 5m 30d

Hmmmm, I heard production had started on the Turbo's a week or two ago? They had sorted the tranny problem I thought. :wub:

So, dunno.

I oredered an auto, in light of this news.

I believe the stereo is Blaupunkt...?

And I think Ford use Pioneer speakers these days.

But, can't guarantee that. Seem to remember hearing it somewhere though.

I hope they give you a delivery date soon. And I hope that delivery date is sooner rather than later.

• Member For: 21y 5m 23d

Thanks for that. I have also ordered the Sequential shift auto and the problem is with that. As you know they are modified for the Turbo and that is where the problem lies.

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 5m 30d

Oh, it's an Auto problem??

I thought you were referring to the manual.

Well, this I hadn't heard about.

Disregard my first post then... I was referring to the manual box :P

Dealer said nothing to me about it. But it doesn't really relate to me as the ute's don't start production till January anyway.

If they don't have it fixed by then... :wub:

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Thanks for that. I have also ordered the Sequential shift auto and the problem is with that. As you know they are modified for the Turbo and that is where the problem lies.

What modifications are done for the Turbo? I thought the manual was the one modified by using the AUIII XR8 Ratios while the auto retained the same ratios as the standard BA. Is it a programming glitch?

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Both my parents work for one of the biggest Ford Dealers, i have also known the guys there for years. I have purchase an XR6T in Auto as well and am expecting delivery on the 16th November. I havent heard anything about any issues or recalls. Ill ask again tomorrow when i go down there and visit them.. as far as I know all things are go..

Guest LionHeart
  • Guests

There definately is a small problem somewhere.. Was meant to get mine this week but dealer just rang me and said that the factory has stopped production for the time being.. Will hopefully be back running very very soon :rolleyes:;)

Guest edxr6
  • Guests

Ford use Pioneer speakers. Have for years. My ED had pioneer speakers. As far as I know they use pioneer head units too, but that may have changed.

Guest Ford PR Man
  • Guests

Hi guys - not sure where the scuttlebutt about XR6T delays are coming from. However I can assure you there is no problem with transmissions and the cars are rolling down the line - I was in the assembly plant this morning and can vouch for seeing a few XR6Ts amidst a sea of XTs and Futuras. Our dealers are screaming out for cars and we are working our hardest to fill the orders. Sorry for the delay, but I can tell you from personal experience it will be worth the wait!

cheers