Who do you recommend as a turner in Adelaide now Aaron is no longer in the game?

VippiN

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 13d

Good to hear and I'm glad that he has re-thought his idea about afr's.

I had a good chat with him about mine as they were a bit on the lean side for my liking (he didn't have a problem with it at 12.3 or whatever it was, but was more than happy to bring it back to about 12 dead for me).

Oh and, my economey is excellent now -- did have a stuffed injector before re-tune though

• Like 2

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes mate.... he does tune the zf

If you want a zf tune, and in all seriousness here, ask him to start with my file and then just adjust it to 'your' liking

• Like 2

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

Mine was done at morpowa and its sh*t house. As I drove off the first time it seemed fine but when I got down the hill it was playing up. Revs bouncing from 500rpm to 850-900 until I stopped moving. Stalling. It was fine under wot but down low was such a pig to drive. Gave them a call and got it back to them and told what them what the isses was. Left the car all day and when I picked it up it seemed fine again until I got down the hill again. Same problems still. Worst thing was when I picked it up after a whole day I was told he loaded another customers idle tune (the other customer is on this fourm and had the same issues). If im paying top dollar for a CUSTOM tune you would expect him to fix it in my custom tune not just use someone else. So after that I tought farkem I not wasting anymore time with someone that doesn't want to spend time on it even after paying a sh*t load. So after seeing dons car and how well it turned out and the respect shown to dons car and his anal OCD ill be taking to GW when I can get my funds back in order. Hope my experience can help.

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

Don, we have found that 2 similar cars but with different strategies require very different numbers in the ZF file to achieve the same feel, still happy you like it though, Auto's are a real personal thing

• Like 1

I learnt something else. Excellent. thanks Mick.

• Like 1

• in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member For: 10y 11m 28d

This is a good example of what I was trying to get across some time back..........Yeah he got those cars into the 10s BACK THEN but reading what people have said (on all media platforms) about their experience --- recently --- says that, for what ever the reason, he may not be at the top of his game ATM.

Things change, people (and their perception of things) change so what may have been fan-farken-tastic a few years ago may not be TODAY.

What experiences have people had with tuners in Adelaide recently?

It would be nice to think that people would not hold back when answering this but I understand 'if there is a need'.

If you went to GW for the first time Don & hadn't told anyone on here as you knew nobody would you think the outcome would be like it is for you as the car runs now....I mean 100% the same?

I'm trying to get somewhere here but just slowly....boy some people are lucky and all it takes is a little help from someone....someone willing to share.

Sometimes they need to be told lift the game and they either do so or fade away....you will find the game has been lifted at a certain shop but not that it had dropped to the extent portrayed on here.....not even close....it did happen though no ifs or buts.

Heinrichs doesn't tune my car anymore but I have sent people there and they have had nothing but success....maybe 3-4 in last 3 months so I don't see any reason to not send another there if one asks for a place to go.

Lastly....its great to here you thoroughly enjoy your car the way you do I envy it.... Im still slowly getting there myself with this front to back build of mine just a few small bugs to squash :)

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 8y 4m 23d

Hi all.

I was looking for some advice on what I was looking to do.

I am looking at getting a G6E Turbo and modding it to try and get around 400-450rwkw. 

What would need to be done from a mod point of view and the cost approx to get it done? 

I live in SA and have heard good things about Bruce in Lonsdale, and was wondering how he compared to some of the better known eastern shops like HPF etc?.

If the 400-450 is not going to happen without madsive expence, what is the typical point where big money has to be spent?

Thx

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

3k-5k can get 300rwkw

another 10k to get 400rwkw

another 50+k to get 500rwkw+

(assuming reasonably reliable) :P these are extremely rough estimates, of course

Your information is a bit old, by the way. HPF haven't done anything interesting in 10 years with an XR6T and the scene in SA has changed a lot since Bruce was the go-to guy.