Bye Bye Tox16...

mattyb

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 11d

Well after a couple of years of awesome times, and a few not so good times (BLOWING UP A MOTOR) I have finally signed the papers for my new car, and agreed to a trade in price for the Toxic Xr6t I've loved and hated a few times, lol.

The missus and I were adamant on getting a 2009/10 Turbo Territory Ghia, but couldn't find one for less than 55K, so we started investigating the less powerful version (n/a ghia). After talking the talk, and swinging some bargaining, we managed to get a 2010 n/a Ghia down to $48K, but it needed a 2300kg tow pack for the wakeboat, and had no tinting. Not long b4 we were due in to sign the papers MetroFord in brissy contacted me and made me an offer for the BF1 XR6T of $16000, and said that they would drop the price of the Territory Turbo Ghia they had in their showroom to $55k, pending I paid a deposit there and then on the phone.

The trouble I went through trying to locate a new TT for the right price was unbelievable, but they guys down there were realy good, and have done more than their fair share to help me into this car.

So, I guess the long and the short of it is next Thursday, pending everything goes through smoothly, I'll be picking up my new 2010 Black turbo Territory Ghia, with all the bells and whistles... Next step, a nice set of 20's (22's would cop a hinding towing 2tonne od boat) and a bit of a :buttrock: tune

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 3d

Well done on the purchase, but I think $16k trade in is absolutely ridiculous considering the PW kit, FG F6 Motor and the rest of the kit on your BF...

You should have stripped all your mods off it and you probably still would have got around $16k trade in, flogged off the rest of your kit and you would have come out of it with more money for the trade up!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 11d

I had it on Carsales/point for almost 6 weeks and have had 2 enquiries, all at the price of $18500. Got no intrest at $23500, $21500, $20000... so I thought fark it. Technically it's not a trade, I'm getting my Turbo Territory for $50,191.84 (have the lease agreement here in front of me). and the ford dealership sourced a wholesale place that would pay $16k for it.

I've thrown it out there on face book to all my mates, if anyone wants it for $18k they can have it. It's $2k more than the wholesale price, and I'd need to get a road worthy for it, and it still doesn't have the actuator and flapper fitted up yet, so I figure I'll take what I can.

As for spending sh*tloads on it, yeah, but I don't drink much, lol. I bought a new (second hand) wake boat, and it's 2 tonne of boat, so I realy need something that can pull it out of the water uphill, and a rwd 350+rwkw car would do it, but I think it's destroy the rear tyres in a flash, lol.

that's me in the back with the red shirt on, my old man (apart from me) is the only one in the boat with a licence, so he is skipper normally. that's it with no ballast, we usually just chuck another 500-1000 litres in it so it pumps! Anyway, this is the reason I got a territory, that and for holidaying with the missis and kiddies.

Edited by mattyb

• 6 months later...