Screeching Sound And Over Boosting

Kingers.

• Member For: 14y 1m 30d

hey guys tonight I noticed a screeching sound coming from the engine and also its was over boosting to around 6 ~ 8 psi will over boost in all gears but only noticed the screech in first and second. Happens if I plant my foot and will start screechin at around 4 ~ 5k. I can rev the car up in neutral and it wont screech. Only happens when foot is flat to the floor. Anyone know what the problem is or could be?? Car drives fine in all other areas. No power lose or anything like that.

Car is a bf mkii only mods are a k&n air filter and center muffler removed over a month ago.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Shouldn't be over boosting with those mods. Checked to make sure all your hoses and that are tight? Manual I'm guessing?

What sort of screech (I know, silly question) pulley/band? Or metal/metallic sounding?

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m

My guess is it's wastegate. Mine maxes a bit of screeching noise high up in the rpm because it's maxed out.

• Member For: 14y 1m 30d

just took off the pipe for the turbo all good in there and no movement or scratches. Its like a high pitched metalic sound. I know it shouldnt be over boosting with whats on there it only happened today, so somethin musnt be right somewhere :(

had a quick look at the pipes and all seem fine but will have a closer look tomorrow.

Yeah its a manual

Edited by Kingers.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 25d

screeching sound from overboosting in first and second you say, but doesn't screech in the higher gears. Pretty sure I know the culprit for this one. Please check your rear wheel arches for a crumbly layer of a black sticky substance.

:roflmbo:

• Member For: 15y 4m 19d

I had the exact same noise from mine. never resolved it but sold it. I was worried though done it when it was stock too. Dont know but check all the manifold bolts I never got to the lower ones?????? it sounded like a belt up high when I backed off the throttle