Fg Xr6T Ute & 20 Inch Rims- Offset And Tyres Question?

jthomasl

• Member For: 13y 6m 4d

Hi Guys,

I have a black FG XR6 Turbo Ute. The guy I bought it off only had 17 inch factory wheels on it with 245 wide rear tyre.

I want to put 20 inch rims on it staggered 8.5 front and 10 rear. and I want at least 285 or 295 rear tyres to get the torque to the road.

There is a link below to the wheels I want, I am going to get them shipped from America $1200 for wheels and $1000 shipping. So $2200 total. USD is pretty much the same as AUD so this doesnt matter.

Koko Kuture Intake Matte Black Machined Wheels at Street Dreams

The only place I could find them in Australia is Ozzy Tyres in Sydney "www.ozzytyres.com.au" and they wanted $3000 for them and $200 to ship them to Gold Coast. So the expensive air freight from USA is still $1000 cheaper!

My question is-

The rear Wheels (10 wide) come in an offset of either 25 or 42. Which would be best to fill out the rear guards on my FG Ute?

The front wheels (8.5 wide) come in an offset of 25 or 38. which would be best for front guards?

What does everyone reckon?

Cheers

• Member For: 15y 1m

Depending how much clearance you have from the 17's to the gaurd I would say 20x8.5 +25 and 20x10 +25.

I know the FG Utes have pretty fat gaurds on the rear, but I dont know how much more outside clearance they have from the sedans.

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 5d

I have 20x8.5 on the front of my ba and they are +35... so I reckon +25 would be perfect..

I have +40 in 20x10 on the rear of a BA with rolled guards, so I reckon the +25 would be spoton with the fat rear guards... +42 might hit on the inside... As mine only clears by about 1mm :-)

• Member For: 13y 6m 4d

Thanks a heap guys-

I still would really like to fill out the wide hips at the rear. Is there anyone with an FG Ute that has pulled it off with 20inch rear wheels (10 Wide)? What tyres are you using and what offset are the wheels?

Any more recommendations guys?

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 7d

hi guys, my fg factory wheels are 19s 245/35 tyres. thinking of going 20s. in the front I'd assume I need 245/30R20 tyres but there are hardly any brands out there with 245/30R20 and even if they do the load rating is below 93. the most common and closest one is 245/35R20 but the increase in diameter for that one is past the legal percentage ... and wider tyres will probably rub the control arms and guards

only one I found was Maxxis MA-Z1 @245/30R20

any suggestions on the tyres I could use with 20s 8.5 fronts for fg?

thanks for the help in advance

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 10m 27d

the most common and closest one is 245/35R20 but the increase in diameter for that one is past the legal percentage ...

In Victoria we are allowed 15mm diameter increase on what is available factory on FG Series. Not sure what the regs are in other states?

There is a 235/50/17 option available on the FG and a 245/35/20 is only 11mm diameter increase so its legal.

If you look at Herrods FG's they also run 245/35/20's on the front

• 3 weeks later...