jthomasl

Fg Xr6T Ute & 20 Inch Rims- Offset And Tyres Question?

Hi Guys,

I have a black FG XR6 Turbo Ute. The guy I bought it off only had 17 inch factory wheels on it with 245 wide rear tyre.

I want to put 20 inch rims on it staggered 8.5 front and 10 rear. and I want at least 285 or 295 rear tyres to get the torque to the road.

There is a link below to the wheels I want, I am going to get them shipped from America $1200 for wheels and $1000 shipping. So $2200 total. USD is pretty much the same as AUD so this doesnt matter.

Koko Kuture Intake Matte Black Machined Wheels at Street Dreams

The only place I could find them in Australia is Ozzy Tyres in Sydney "www.ozzytyres.com.au" and they wanted $3000 for them and $200 to ship them to Gold Coast. So the expensive air freight from USA is still $1000 cheaper!

My question is-

The rear Wheels (10 wide) come in an offset of either 25 or 42. Which would be best to fill out the rear guards on my FG Ute?

The front wheels (8.5 wide) come in an offset of 25 or 38. which would be best for front guards?

What does everyone reckon?

Cheers

Depending how much clearance you have from the 17's to the gaurd I would say 20x8.5 +25 and 20x10 +25.

I know the FG Utes have pretty fat gaurds on the rear, but I dont know how much more outside clearance they have from the sedans.

I have 20x8.5 on the front of my ba and they are +35... so I reckon +25 would be perfect..

I have +40 in 20x10 on the rear of a BA with rolled guards, so I reckon the +25 would be spoton with the fat rear guards... +42 might hit on the inside... As mine only clears by about 1mm :-)

Thanks a heap guys-

I still would really like to fill out the wide hips at the rear. Is there anyone with an FG Ute that has pulled it off with 20inch rear wheels (10 Wide)? What tyres are you using and what offset are the wheels?

Any more recommendations guys?

Cheers!

hi guys, my fg factory wheels are 19s 245/35 tyres. thinking of going 20s. in the front I'd assume I need 245/30R20 tyres but there are hardly any brands out there with 245/30R20 and even if they do the load rating is below 93. the most common and closest one is 245/35R20 but the increase in diameter for that one is past the legal percentage ... and wider tyres will probably rub the control arms and guards

only one I found was Maxxis MA-Z1 @245/30R20

any suggestions on the tyres I could use with 20s 8.5 fronts for fg?

thanks for the help in advance

the most common and closest one is 245/35R20 but the increase in diameter for that one is past the legal percentage ...

In Victoria we are allowed 15mm diameter increase on what is available factory on FG Series. Not sure what the regs are in other states?

There is a 235/50/17 option available on the FG and a 245/35/20 is only 11mm diameter increase so its legal.

If you look at Herrods FG's they also run 245/35/20's on the front

Hi guys

I'm considering to purchase a set of Enkei GTC01 for my FPV GS Ute but confused about offsets and which will fit the best.

http://enkei.com/gtc01.html

Enkei make the rim in the below format

20x 8.5 40+

20x 9.5 38+

20x10 30+

20x10.5 18+

I would like to run 245 Rubber on the front and 285 or 295 on rear.

Does anyone have rims fitted to FG ute in the same combo and info about offsets.

Your comments would be apreciated.

Regards Matt

BPRacing

20x8.5 +40 on front, but will want to run a spacer and 20x10 +30 in the rear. The 9.5 +38 will sit way too far inside the guards (~15mm more so that the 10+30).

Edited by winstor

I think you'll need to run a spacer on the front... You'd want 20x8.5 with +20 or 25 front and 20x10.5 with +18... That's look awesome!

20x8.5 +40 on front, but will want to run a spacer and 20x10 +30 in the rear. The 9.5 +38 will sit way too far inside the guards (~15mm more so that the 10+30).

I think spacers may be illegal/unroadworthy and void insurance, you'd be better off just getting the right offset from the get go imo.

Bad spacers can cause vibrations that will shear your wheel studs also.. Happened on my WRX and a mates SS.. Nothing worse then being out in the middle of nowhere hoping your wheel won't fall off!!

thanks for your comments

To Put spanner in the works the car has 6Pot Brembos on front and may need clearance.

I don't want to run spacers, as I plan on using the car for the odd track day. Plus Spacers are illegal in Vic for road use.

However I have use wheel adaptors with studs in past without any issues.

Can anyone tell me if the sedan and ute are using the same or different offsets when large rims are fitted. ?

I had the thought the ute could go a little larger on the rim size over the sedan.?

Keep in mind my FG is a UTE.!

Hi guys

I'm considering to purchase a set of Enkei GTC01 for my FPV GS Ute but confused about offsets and which will fit the best.

http://enkei.com/gtc01.html

Enkei make the rim in the below format

20x 8.5 40+

20x 9.5 38+

20x10 30+

20x10.5 18+

I would like to run 245 Rubber on the front and 285 or 295 on rear.

Does anyone have rims fitted to FG ute in the same combo and info about offsets.

Your comments would be apreciated.

Regards Matt

BPRacing

Edited by BPRacing

Depends if you want to go low or not.

A good example I had a look at the other night was mine next to j.d's ute.

Mines 20x10 +40 with 275's and I think his was 19x9.5 +40 with 285's. He can go allot lower then mine as the guards fit over the tyres where as mine are in line with them. Still fark all clearance on both cars but.

Hi Fellas,

When I was searching for rims for my fg ute.

I came across this forum which helped a lot thanks btw.

FYI

I'm currently running koya sf11 20"x9 on front with offset 22 or koya call it ET I think. 245x35zr20. On the rear 20x10.5 offset of 22. 275x30zr20.

I'm getting the guards rolled later on when I go to lower it about 30mm

Hope this helps 

Cheers