Zf6 Problem Fg F6

young 01

• Member For: 13y 9m 12d

Time to rehash my old thread. The F6 is down at my local Ford dealer as I type so the dude from ZF can come along and flash the auto with a new update they have just finished. I will drive it for a week or 2 and keep you informed. Fingers crossed!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 2d

Reading a post on AFF, seems the change in the new software is to stop the 2 - 1 shift from happening unless the car is going under 5km/h. Previously it was set to happen at 15km/h and under.

If that's true, looks like the end result is that the car will spend alot more time in second.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=3657264#post3657264

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

Yeah it will just make your car slower by not using 1st above 5kmph. Probably use more fuel in some cases.

However it wont fix the issue because when slowing down at an intersection you are usually going slower than 5kmph just when starting to accelerate.

Same thing when pulling into driveways.

If you need 1st to turn 90deg at 10-15kmph you will prbably end up oversteering out of the bend.

Picked up the F6 yesterday, driven about 70 k's and have noticed a massive difference. Not sure what exactly the guy from ZF did but the gear changes are barely noticable and it hasn't (touch wood) had the 2nd to 1st downshift problem, or the sudden bang at hwy speed when you plant your foot :3gears:. I am sure the shift points have been changed as it appears to hold gear longer before upshifting, so maybe a little more fuel use but I will cop that over the alternative. It still feels like it shifts into 1st at a similar speed to before however it does does it without the lag/clunk. Here's hoping my persistence has paid off!

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d

Mine doesnt have that low speed clunk youre talking about but it does have the high speed shunting gear change. Seems to only happen when in manual mode, for example cruising down the on ramp in 2nd floor it then into 3rd, shunt then into 4th but not as bad. I just assumed it was due to the power in putting through the thing as it didnt happen when the car stock and I used to cane the sh*t out of it when it was.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

guys, just letting you know that I had the ZF software upgrade thingo done yesterday. it has fixed the problem I had, hopefully permantly. mine didnt make a so called clunk (wasnt coming from the rear like a diff clunk), its more of a harsh lurch when going from second to first (hope that makes sence lol).

so all good. im a happy camper now

• 1 month later...

It has now been over a month since I had the fix carried out on the ZF and it still hasn't missed a beat. It feels so much smoother when driving, fuel economy is a fraction higher but well worth the trade off. Very happy camper and back in love with the F6 again :icon_ford:

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 17d

They finally got sick of me complaining as well. Had mine done on Friday and so far so good and the changes just feel firmer.

Only got one last item to knock off my list, need to put one weekend aside and address the damm creaks and rattles on the doors.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Mine does allot of weird sh*t (all normal I assume) but never this.

However the other day it did clunk into second at WOT in sport mode from a pretty much limiter change into 2nd (courtesy of a very embarrassed VE SSturboboink.gif). That concerns me a bit. It's never clunked in auto flat to the floor.

spit.gifTurns out the whole thing was farked.