Finally Got Car Back And Got 300+

razza0066

• Member For: 13y 11m 9d

Got my ba mark2 back few weeks ago after putting a rod through the block. Went to Heinrich performance and tuning from the advice I got off the forum and got him to source another block and a few other bits and peices. Glad to say im finally in the 300 club, definitely feels alot quicker than the 260kw I had before.

I to get new bottom end, so while it was getting buile I thought I might as well get billet rods so there isn,t any more holes getting put in my block. valve springs, hi flow injectors, walbro hi flow fuel pump, rapid cooler and 4" dump with a hi flow cat in to 2, 2 half inch pipes (sounds pretty nice compared to before) and had to get new clutch cause other was shagged ( extreme clutch). Goes pretty solid now breaks traction pretty regularly. It is 6 spd manual, he said he had it running 18 psi but the torque was to high and that it wouldnt get much traction, he also said he thought that it would of got higher numbers than it did.

u put a stock motor back in? You running a surge tank now?! Hate to see you cop the same fate...

Its just a diferent block with new billet rods, standard pistons and rings and had to get the valves done that were rooted when the rod snapped. Bruce the guy that built it said that 9 out of the 10 cars that he builds with the same sort of power dont have surge tanks as I asked about them cause of all the comments I got when it stuffed up. He said the rods he put in are capable of a lot more power and that unless im doing alot of quarter mile runs it wont be necesary. I was also worried about it happening again. Thinking about getting one to be safe when I get the brakes upgraded though, just need some more cash already spent a bit.

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 9m 2d

surge tanks are cheap insurance.

if a rod snaps due to surging where he said the 'rod is fine', will he fix it all for free? I think not. Just more money for him if it blows up again IMO. GO GET A SURGE TANK TRUST ME!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 25d

I dont have a surgetank, but when I do go to Calder Park I run a full tank, so it adds a bit of extra weight but its safe. On the street I dont put the foot down totally if its anywhere near a qtr, but utes a different as the fuelpump sit lower in the tank.

Just dont go thrashing it unless you have over half a tank, or when you get more money go buy a surgetank.

And also with the engine, maybe the motor is still tight, that's why its not making the power.