...From The Darkside

MurdoK

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 26d

Hi all

Being recently converted to the Ford side I thought I might say hello and post my impressions so far

I purchased an ex demo fg xr6t sedan in ego with 5000kms on the clock just before tax time. Got the dealer to work hard for my business and was pleased with the end package considering it came loaded with prem sound, tint, alloy spare and ZF 6spd auto for 38500 drive away

Since obtaining my licence ive owned a few loud and obnoxious Expensive Daewoo V8s and loved and hated them for what they were. This car far out does anything Expensive Daewoo were putting up for that price and im still drawn to the "sleeper" aspect everytime I drive it.

So far ive installed a XR8 airbox and K&N filter and am considering more mods but this early in the game im pleased with it for what it is.

So far only complaint is crazy axel tramp in the wet(thought the diff was trying to come up inside the car!) which by reading through threads is common so ill be taking it to ford to get the rear bushes checked/replaced

Its a great site you guys have here and I look forward to contributing

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 25d

icon_ford.gif

Welcome and enjoy! I wish I had of found this site when I was young, stupid and had cash. My car would be a monster by now! LOL.

beerchug.gif

• Member For: 13y 6m 27d

Hi guys

I was going to start my thread but saw this one so thought I would contribute.

Been a Expensive Daewoo fan since I was a kid, but really started to hate them when they released the VE.

I currently have a VZ Clubsport R8, black and 6 speed manual. It's beautiful, I would be holding on to it but I dont want the manual anymore.

Sadly, I want to trade it in for another car and am really impressed by the FG XR6 T's, took one for a test drive and fell in love. Felt like it didnt have quite as much pin in the seat as my R8 does, but still really impressed with them.

My local dealer has priced me a basic XR6T @ 44k or a 50th Anno for 47k. Is this a good deal or can I do better? I'm also undecided if I should buy New or Second Hand. Everyone around me says buying New is a waste of money, but I can afford it so why not.

• Member For: 13y 8m

Mate if you dont mind droping the money, buy new is ok. I would buy (did buy) the 50th. they have all the sweet for the same money. some dealers are offering better deals with the non 50th, becuse the 50th is such a good deal.

• Member For: 15y 1m 19d

Too much.

There is a new undriven 2010 FG F6 for $55k drive away in QLD.

There is a new undriven 2010 FG G6E Turbo for $47k drive away in Vic.

There is a new undriven 2010 FG XR6 Turbo 50th Anniversary for $46k drive away in SA, WA, QLD and Vic.

There is a new undriven 2010 FG XR6 Turbo with Lux pack for $46k drive away in Vic.

I know I will be trading in for either a 2010 F6 or GS depending on price/performance of the new SC V8 :)

Edited by winstor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 29d

Welcome to the dark side and enjoy your new car

Don't you mean welcome to the force!? As the thread title states, he's come from the dark side. You know, where they found the problem and circled it. :buttrock::buttrock: