• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
  • I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

I'm keen to get in touch with Dave eventually to get my FG tuned. However this is more of a general tuning question for a bit of a noob..

I tend to like doing whatever work I can on the car myself.. Definitely not a fan of the $100-$140 per hour some of the local workshops charge for jobs that I can do at home.

How dangerous (for the car) is it to fit a new dump pipe/cat/exhaust. Plus some other minor mods such as injectors/intake (growler) and possibly valve springs.. Then drive 3 hours to up the highway (goat track) to mackay without a tune? Or should I be loading the back of the ute and looking for a good mechanic up there to fit everything? (I'm aware the intake is no problem)

Regards,

-B

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Contact Dave via his mobile and I'd say if you buy the xcal3 through him (even if you didn't) he would send you a safe tune to get you to him in mackay so he can do the tuning.

Dave is an excellent bloke mate and it wouldn't bother him whether or not you bought the gear from him or not or if you fitted it yourself or not as that's the sort of all round nice guy he is.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 13d

Exactly right, I did all my own work and dave gave me a preloaded tune so I could drive the 5hrs up to mackay, dave isnt interested in doing mechanical work really, hes a f*ckin wizard with tuning though, forget what you have been told/read. He will ask you what goal you have then he will tekl you the cheapest/best way to get it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Yeah top bloke I post my x3 down yesterday to get a tune loaded so I can drive down to mackay on the 4th to get the ute tuned.. Can't wait

• Member For: 13y 8m 24d

Haha he was telling me the other day that he was hoping for one tune every lot of days off he has and when I got my ute tuned for him he had another 5 to do that 5 days off... But he is a wizard. I have heard of 2 other tuners sending him tune files to go through just to double check if they are having problems with cars. Proof is in the pudding. 515rwhp and unopened at 20 psi daily driver no valve springs or anything.

excopau did you get his details if not pm me and ill forward his number to you.

Edited by turbowelshy89

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 13d

Apparantly he only wants one car and only tunes one day a week per rota off, or that's what he wants, he was too busy. He should just open a shop FFS, Id move to mackay in a heartbeat

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Yep, unfortnately for us with regards to Dave it is all about the fun and learning for him and he said that when it became "work" as such that he would stepback as to him that's what its all about.

The money for Dave is an extra and a good one at that.

He can be hard to get a hold of etc but well worth the wait in the end.