Post Your Street Tyred 1/4 Mile Time!

tonyv

• Member For: 20y 2m 7d

12.04@120mph

2.0 60ft

255/35/19 Invo

330rwkw

Had trouble stalling it up with boost on the footbrake but didn't want to try the handbrake. Imo a street tyre is is anything over 200 treadwear.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 7d

I agree snot. The whole point of the thread imo was to highlight peoples efforts on factory spec rubber. But like anything these days people want to find ways to grey it up and promote their performances non factory spec rubber! I mean in drag racing they have the 10.5 class now to have a controlled tyred width.

But hey if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to post your 11.3 on 275 R888's in a " post your STREET tyred 1/4 string" than so be it.

I can't believe how people simply don't get the point of this string I truly don't. Sure its just not you and I snot!

Hence why I said before let's just change the name of the string to " post your non slick/radial 1/4 time" as that seems more appropriate now.

Yeah still does my head in!

At the end of the day the anything with a grove or tread pattern can be driven on the street and you will more than likely get away with it... I drove around on MT ET Streets for a few weeks after running a 10.8 sec pass (too lazy to take them off) its got a tread pattern, does that mean its a street tyre? Not really ...

I thought that this was not so much a top 25 competition but a thread where you can see what times people are running on similar tyres.

I had more fun running the low 11 second passes (probably 30+) on the Maxxis than the 5 x 10s passes on the ET Streets.

I have not been on the forum much lately, It's good to see some great real street trim times !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 18d

Ba mk2 xr6 turbo 6 speed, standard everything, standard tune, rear box replaced with twin 3" pipe...

14.3 @ 163kms/hr

0.386-0.599 reaction time.

Pretty terrible lol

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

The pain of a manual! RT shouldn't affect ET though.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 18d

Nah it was at the 'race for real' at wsid on Wednesday... It only counted from when you leave the line but was trying to work on both... First time and inexperience wAs my failure lol... My first runs r/t was 2.853... I tried to take off in neutral... Dumb fvck