Ba Rebuild

KutaXR6t

• Member For: 14y 10m 17d

Thinking about a rebuild on my 03 BA Turbo, I've clocked up about 130,000KMs and want to get the motor more than ready for handling a bit more power. I know the stock motor is good into the 300KW range but I just wanna make sure she's ready to handle it. Anyways I've got an intercooler kit on the way and some silicone radiator hoses as I've had issues with leaks, looking into under battery intake and a full exhaust system but I wanna get the internals done too.

How much would it cost for a general rebuild? im only really after 310-320KW power range. I've seen some talk on here about FPV short motors, not really sure how that all works, but whats my best option here?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 9m 23d

go the fg fpv f6 bottom end, they range in price from $2650 to $3000 depending which ford dealer. not really hard to put in and can handle 400rwks easy.

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 8m 12d

stock ba motors can handle 310-320 no worries. depends on the tuner and supporting basic mods. cooler, zorst, fuelpump, injectors, x3 + tune + actuator. prob dont even need to mod the turbo.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 13d

go the brand spankin f6 short motor. cheapest way to get a reliable 350rwkw+ capable motor... :3gears:

• Member For: 14y 10m 17d

Sounds like a plan

1 FG bottom end. What difference would the FG bottom end make on the stock motor? Same power with stronger bits or a bit gruntier? I can imagine it would sound quite nice :hiwelcome:

• Member For: 13y 10m 19d

I just got my ba 2 back after putting a hole through the block. got a second hand block for 300(u could of got new one for about 800), billet rods, standard pistons and rings, gaskets and sh*t for a bought 2 grand, cheaper than getting a short from ford and stronger.