Dont Shoot Me, I Am Just Indecisive !

Banned1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 13y 7m 23d

I've got the ZF auto in my F6.... love it. After years of driving manuals, I test drove the manuals in the SS, GT, XR6t etc. A mate mentioned the ZF auto and recommended it and I haven't looked back. I don't know if its much different in computer control between the XR and the F6, but mine down changes easly when coming into corners or at a set of lights.... never sensed that it was looking for the next gear.

Today I was helped the in-laws test drive some new Subaru's (WRX Sti spec R and the Liberty GT Turbo) in auto because that's what they wanted. I was suprised how boring the WRX was to drive, I had it selected in Sports Sharp Mode and it was crap. Sure it handled well but I couldn't feel the turbo and it didn't have any sound..... and we were really flogging this thing to see what it could do(apparently the manual is the way to go in the Sti, and for the auto they down tuned it by 50nm so not to blow the auto gear box). The Turbo Liberty on the other hand, even though it was 20kw less.... felt more responsive and had the lick and sound of a turbo.... alot more fun to drive and $20,000 less to buy.

Anyways....sorry for getting off topic. Have fun with the new ride mate.

• Member For: 15y 2m 28d

Today I was helped the in-laws test drive some new Subaru's (WRX Sti spec R and the Liberty GT Turbo) in auto because that's what they wanted. I was suprised how boring the WRX was to drive, I had it selected in Sports Sharp Mode and it was crap. Sure it handled well but I couldn't feel the turbo and it didn't have any sound..... and we were really flogging this thing to see what it could do(apparently the manual is the way to go in the Sti, and for the auto they down tuned it by 50nm so not to blow the auto gear box). The Turbo Liberty on the other hand, even though it was 20kw less.... felt more responsive and had the lick and sound of a turbo.... alot more fun to drive and $20,000 less to buy.

Manual is the only way to go in older model japanese performance cars really. A friend bought an auto S15 spec R, absolutely horrible. In Manual it's all fun and games :3gears:

Subaru's generally have a sh*tty gearbox, my liberty was quite bad to drive when taking off from the lights, 8 minutes between first and second.

The Foresters on the other hand are quite good with their auto box, they also come turbo'd if that's what floats your boat.

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 13y 7m 12d

So you ordered a manual but only test drove the auto? :3gears:

no, went down saturday to test the manual I had on hold and liked it more... sure the auto is good but I preferred the manual , hence why I bought that one ! :dontknow:

and regardless of what the consensus is , its about what I wanted, not the masses due to the consensus not paying for it ! :fishin:

• Banned
  • Banned

not worried about it mate at all.. I drove both and although the zf is super slick and easy to use and also excellent in sport mode(manual tiprtonic will never ever be good) I just like a manual.... grown up with them, all my impreza's have been manual, my skylines and supra tt's manual and tbh, ive only ever had 2 auto GTB's and they were nice but they suited the auto box as its a different drive than the impreza...anyway, manual for me ! its a personal thing and no other reason other than that ! :ermm:

• Banned
  • Banned

ah sorry about that, I had mentioned it on my purchase thread once I confirmed the manual was for me ! ... :spoton:

I did really like the auto and is millenniums ahead of the holdens sh*tbox but I like the sporty drive of a manual ! used to love the overun on my skyline so this thing will sound awsome with a zost ! :roflmbo:

Edited by rab