Selling Car

jasper361

• Member For: 19y 2m 12d

Hi All,

I am currently looking to trade in or privately sell my BFII Typhoon which is in great condition and has 131,000km on it, yes quite high but it is a work vehicle. And I am absolutely gob smacked at the trade in dealers are offering, between 18k-20k max, I have it privately listed as well for $27990 which I though was pretty reasonable but no takers. For those of you who are selling similar vehicles is this where the market is at? or am I expecting too much?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Price sounds great and you should tell rhem they can shove that trade in up there as, I got 17k for my 04 xr6t 6-7 months ago after haggling on the price.

But 130000+ kms is a little daunting.

Cheers guys, it's so bizarre, I traded an 04 XR6T to get the typhoon and got 22K for it, don't figure!

It definitely doesn't encourage you to buy another FPV or even an Aussie made vehicle.

Edited by jasper361

I agree, that's why I thought the dealers would be keen to do a deal but they're more than happy to let you walk out the door, I guess some things are out of our control!

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 5d

They want to do a deal... They just don't want to be stuck with cars they can't sell... Or sell at a bit of a margin...

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 4d

must be the kms that are killing its value.. I recently sold my 05 BA F6 with 61K kms to a dealer for about 30k on the dot, no trades or anything just a direct sale.. tyres were stuffed and only option was the chunky FPV wheel

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 23d

Just an idea mate but If you mention FREE SHIPMENT TO ANY STATE.. for the price your requesting..

The most it will cost you is 1000 bucks..yet when you ship the car, you will refund your rego.

Another thing to consider is sometimes it also takes that extra special photography shots within the add to make it more appealing..

oh and also, good luck! :):shocked:

Edited by 4DZILR