My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)

discostig

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 13d

I lost my Dad when I was 15 to a heart attack. He was a Ford mechanic for 35years so when I finished school I became a Ford Mechanic. I wish I had the experience of working on my cars with my Dad, so hold on to those memories of working together on your car mate as they are very special moments. My thoughts are going out to you and your family. I hope you enjoy your new found power in your car too mate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 21d

Nice right up Steve, I didnt realise the amount of passion you have been putting into your car. It looks good, I like your blue interior lights and angel eyes.

Sorry I took so long on sending you the nizpro pipes. But you probably know well how long it takes to organise car mods..

I've told Kim to post of that boost part thing that you need, so it WILL get sent monday. Sorry for not sending it first time round. I didnt know what the f*ck it was for.

Sorry about your father mate, just keep remembering the good times!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Thank you very much everyone. I've felt good enough to enjoy the car now. It does love to turn the new KU31's on a whim that's for sure! Better keep a handle on it or it'll get damn expensive :roflmbo:

Ace I'm glad if my thread helps you regain what you might have lost!

TornadoJudd - you're done a great thing following in his footsteps like that, I'm sure you've done him proud doing so. Not many traditions like that these days with the rate of job changes etc. Well done.

:3gears:

• Like 2

• Donating Members

Oh hey miles :) No worries mate it'll get here in good time. If I wanted everything done ASAP I woulda bought brand new two years ago haha! The forum has been great for collecting parts over time, as I did research on what I wanted to fit to the car and so on so I thank the site admins and Chris of course for setting the joint up :)

• Like 2

• Member For: 14y 10m 27d

WOW!!! such a sad thread never expected to see that. Sorry for your loss. I dont think you will find a car build with soo much meaning all to often. The last one in which I read was adrians (4myson). This brings car modification to a level where it should be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Small update...Simon had time today to retune with the new boost sensor. I was having it dump boost in a big way intermittently the last week, with the correct fitting installed now it even picked up another point of peak power...though I'd say it's within the margin of error - but at least if I feel like advertising the tune I can easy get a pre made '317' badge to match, hehehe. Bit of fishing wire on a hot day... :turboboink:

Curve is even smoother now than it was before. Again a big thanks to Simon, even made mum's day by showing her a Shelby GT500 that was in the shop at the time, hahaha!

Torque

Phone030.jpg

Boost

Phone032.jpg

Gotta hit the drags! It was easy first time as I couldn't spin the tyres. This time will require much more finesse.

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 2

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

When I first saw this thread I thought just another quick write up. Then I started reading and I admire your passion bowdown.gif and a credit to you and your dad. My condolences for your loss.

Angel Eyes look awesome. buttrock.gif Keep those mods coming and look forward to seeing what you do at the track!

beerchug.gif

• Donating Members

Had a fantastic night!

I'll copy and edit what I wrote in the WAW thread:

-----------------

First run I got 12.2 @ 121mph

Baked tyres on launch for a 13.0 (grrrrr)

Did an ok burnout to heat up the KU31's and got an excruciating 12.067 with a steadily improving 60' time...

Last runs were called and I did a much bigger burnout that I thought...

IMG_0313markedMed.jpg

I used only manual mode tonight which makes it sweeter.

Best part was I forgot to let the tyres down. Rears woulda been at about 35PSI I think, inflated them a couple weeks ago to 36 at the servo.

17 inch KU31's FTW! Thanks for telling me to smoke them angrily Brendan (xr6t ego) :D So good to be able to put the power down in the end of first and second, it didn't let go on the track once I think.

-----------

I so badly wish dad coulda seen this run, it wasn't the same without him filming it, but I know how impressed he would have been all the same! :finger:

Thanks so much to all my friends and family who came down to watch tonight! Mum was wrapped with my time as was my gf Jen hahaha :)

:bopp:

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 2