My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)

discostig

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

Steve you are a respected member of this site and you have always conducted yourself with aplomb.

Your Dad, God bless him would be extemelely proud of youspoton.gif

Try to remember the positives, of which there are many !

Do not forget that he shared your passion .

I will be taking some special time-out on Sunday for my own reasons.

My thoughts will be with you however.

I really do feel for your loss!

My heartfelt best wishes for the future

Jules

PS. I have an enormous capacity to understand the Human condition.

This is not a boast, but an ongoing desire to truly understand.

Whilst personal loss is exactly that. It can and will take it's toll over time

As a very compassionate and a quite deep and emotional man, you should feel completly free to call me if you ever feel like a chat..

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Thanks Jules, you're a good bloke.

You know the car is louder than before and I've thought a bit over if it should join the car procession or if it would be inappropriate, but my stepmum mentioned that of course dad being an engineer and into cars so much that it is in fact entirely appropriate, as he'd want it that way. I'll be mentioning our shared love of cars when I give my talk of course too and focusing on the positives. As the funeral director bloke said it's a solemn enough occasion, lifting spirits any way you can helps everyone get through!

To those who are as lucky as I was to have such a good bond, just make sure you enjoy it as you should. Not just on the scheduled Sunday coming but as regularly as you can. Keep building those awesome memories! I can look at the photos and smile even this early because of them. :)

• Like 3

• Donating Members

A pic of the new exhaust tips :) I like em! Pic reminds me I must secure the towing lights plug properly, something minor we never got around to!

Phone005crop.jpg

We also fitted some DBA4000 rotors bought through Hiro and QFM pads to the car a while back for some better stopping power, future plans are for some suspension gear from Pat but the budget for that will have to wait. Cars eh, always something more to get :) I guess that's the attraction :)

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 2

• Member For: 15y 6m 27d

Steve, my condolences to you and your family. I'm blessed to have the father I have, and I can see that you felt the same about yours! Remember the good times shared, that can never be taken away.

Awesome result with the car too mate... getting mine done only weeks ago, I know how much you are enjoying the drive... especially being +300!!!

Cheers

Richard

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 12d

Steve the exhaust tips look tops!

A few years ago a good mate of mine was in the same position as yourself. As you know its horrible but the funeral procession involved 5 or 6 loud WRX's running antilag! He had one of our other mates drive his car of course.

Your car definitely needs to be there.

• Donating Members

Haha that's great to hear Mat! Antilag and all eh, good stuff :)

I must clean the tips regularly. I have notied they are getting coated already but I assume it's the new exhaust burning off a bit? Have to get some good chrome/polish or whatever! The stock tip is pretty nasty but I blame the cops for that :)

• Like 2

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d

Wow I was wondering why there was so many replies to another 300 thread in such a short space of time, I can see why now.

Great post Steve sorry for your loss, you seem to have your head in the right place though mate.

Stay strong.

Pinned.

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 7m 14d

damn steve great write up mate - im utterly speechless after reading the whole thread - my deepest sympathy for your whole family mate - what ever you do dont let go of all the good memories mate - thank you very much for showing what all this is about - dad n I have been slowly growing apart but you have just made me realise I need to cherish every moment in life :beerchug:

cheers mate, but seriously did you have to make me tear up :bye: