My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)

discostig

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

fark, I felt that..Need some of them meds myself now.

As an aside Steve , Much credit to you on a well presented and maintained T.

Just goes to show a bit of love goes a long way ( dog/car). I'm sure it has been repaid in spades already.

Have you considered dark argents ?

I can't see me ever selling the Phoon despite having had dozens of cars including Whitetee and Ole Yella previously

This one got me it's a bit different.It's the personal stuff you do that make them yours.

Good job mate. Enjoy

• Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Thanks heaps Buffy. I try to keep it in good nick but the are a couple of small door dings from being parked in public so much. Some scratches that need a solid polish to remove, bulk stone chips on the bonnet etc but overall it still presents well. Most importantly it all goes hard too! Hahaha.

I always liked the Phoon 19" twisties and of course Dark Argents but I've always hard the ride quality and grip reduce as you go bigger. I also quite like the look of a bit of sidewall believe it or not. Looks more functional and like it means business.

Ideally I'd have some 18" SSR Type-C RS as they are like 8 kilos a rim, but genuine light weight wheels that clear Brembos will be hard to

1) find

2) afford

So I think these might stay a while. Maybe next year I can get them reconditioned by a shop to clean up the white worms in the clear coat!

As you say I'm quite attached to this car. It's performed superbly over these last six years I must say. If I'd bought a painted car it might have been a total lemon, you never know :)

• Like 2

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

Came here for car, got upset @ dog pic.. for frig sake I dunno what me problem is with dogs

I will never watch homeward bound,8 below or red dog with a mate

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Ditto

Watched the "Faces of Death" VHS 20+ odd years ago as kids did back then.

From all the horrible stuff that's on there - it was the preparation of a couple of puppies for cooking that got to me and stuck with me.

Walked out of the room at that point and never watch one of those videos again

Edited by Rab
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

Wow that's pretty dark. Here's a pic of her enjoying some scratches to make you feel better!

edit20140706_083404.jpg

She woke up whining in the night, maybe 2am, I hopped out of bed and gave her some good ear scratches for 20 minutes or so and she calmed down again.

She seems to have quite an appetite this morning! Definitely on the mend :)

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 4

• Donating Members

Hahaha yeah it was drooping at the drags back when I busted the flex plate, causing me to stage funny as you can imagine. XF Falcon I recall saying he doesn't bother with his. I would like to have it on there still but it's low priority. Need it on a hoist and new clips/screws etc plus it's split on the 90° join (have two which both did that).

Only noticeable from a few angles...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Finally got an offer from Ralph to fit the engine mounts so I jumped at the chance. Have had a bad shake at idle when in D/Tiptronic for ages now. On an old cruise he got me to watch my engine as he loaded it up under revs on the brake and it didn't move, which meant they were totally collapsed. Certainly got my money's worth out of them, 237,000km on the girl now.

Passenger front view, also showing off my dodgy rag covering the plastic covering the oil temperature gauge wire plugs. Have been good for a few years now so shhh.

20140726_111511.jpg

Driver's (nice and burnt from turbo heat)

20140726_114456.jpg

20140726_112657.jpg

20140726_111610.jpg

Passenger rear view

20140726_124546.jpg

Driver's front view

20140726_124638.jpg

Cheers heaps to Ralph for fitting me in to his crazy schedule.

Car idles and drives smoother now, haven't fully experienced the handling improvements yet as roads are wet but I have noticed a couple of very rapid direction changes when the rear stepped out were faster to correct with the new mounts in. Bonza! Highly recommended.

Almost forgot to put the pic up of Ralph's impressive tablet battery life

20140726_123356.jpg

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 8