My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)

discostig

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 21d

Great result mate, all the effort is paying off. What a sleeper too.buttrock.gif

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 22d

Yeah 4DZILR it was bigger than I thought hey. My mate in the stands said my first burnout wasn't big enough so I kept doing bigger ones throughout the night. Didn't know it was that smoky though!

Had a great talk with Simon from XFT today celebrating the result. I'm told it ran a strong mph so there's more in it but I'm not sure if I'll go to the trouble. I drive this thing 100+km a day to and from work, as well as FOR work, so I kinda need it to remain in one piece. Slicks = more chance of a *snap* !

I'm very happy with an 11's run. Got a 300's rwkw car, got booted for an 11...pretty strong for a daily that gets economy in the 10's without babying it!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member For: 14y 2m 28d

Mate,used to love the times me and my father spent together in the shed, building cars, and getting belted for not washing it right lol.

A real tear jerker, for those who have memories like yours

So anyway Buddy hats off too you and your family,I loved the write up very much, brought back so many memories.

• Donating Members

Thanks Fierce :buttrock:

It can still feel really unfair he's not here to share the progress with, but I won't stop enjoying the car! :beerchug:

Every time I pull into the drive and get out to open the gate I check out the lights and love them hahaha!

• Like 2

• Donating Members

Nope, mods as listed, 100% stock turbo. I was pretty happy with the flat boost graph too!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

Well, it was once again time for a 5000km service and I finally fitted the correct adapter plate under the oil filter and connected the sender units. Livelink readout says 97.2222°, gauge says about 102°, about 5° out at 90° too so accuracy is not too bad for a cheap nasty brand, pretty happy! Cheers again to Xrtmn8 for the tip.

Did some timing of 0-100, would love to see what it pulls on a prepped drag strip though even with the KU31's on..

0-110317rwkw.png

Oh and I debadged the thing too. Was going to put black T U R B O badge over the rear garnish (above plate) but I think it'll stay in the packet for a while yet!

IMG_0006medcrop.jpg

• Like 2