My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)

discostig

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

I've got a saying too:

"burrrrrrnouuuuuut"

Washed the car despite being told it's thunderstorms on Thursday. Meh. Get to use my nice smelling "tyre dressing" hehehe.

Gearbox is feeling a tad nicer. Still copped a few massive shifts but not as many as yesterday. Funny thing is it felt really good when I gave it a bit of a flogging...it's light throttle that really produces the clunks.

She just loves being driven hard I guess. :turboboink:

• Like 1

• Donating Members

OK so just for my own records more than anything the box rebuild was basically a stage 1 without the input shaft. That is, a Nizpro flex plate, ARP bolts and they machined the pistons to fit in extra clutch packs (plus fluid and filter change).

• Like 1

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 28d

You'll never have a gearbox drama again unless you hunt for more power mate, but with your cop spec shaft I reckon it'll be fine :turboboink:

• Donating Members

Need a cheap set of ID1000's to pop up :) Then wastegate/flapper/actuator mod, and push this stock intake to the limit hahaha.

Also the clutch packs XFT use are different to the stock ones, Simon said the stockers throw off a lot of dust into the fluid.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Nah. More chance I'll break something properly! I can always just find a happy dyno :turboboink:

I think if the turbo were to die I'd chuck a gtx in. Probably 3576r for the mad spool.

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 29d

Cheers Arron! Feels good to be driving again, except for the wicked bang into gear as mentioned. Here's the piccies! I think I can see the missing bolt he mentioned. Trust Ford to make eleventy billion changes mid production...meh.

Sweet!

edit20131021_212253.jpg

edit20131021_212217.jpg

edit20131021_212333.jpg

Think the missing bolt is visible here, on the left

edit20131021_211912.jpg

From the front

edit20131021_212128.jpg

Driving it home I tried to change gears heaps, like in the constant 80 zone going from 4th to 5th to 4th every few seconds for example. That particular sequence I felt smooth up nicely. Shifts out of third are a bit hectic at the moment, reminds me of the feeling of Grug's tuned ZF a couple years ago but worse!

Interesting Mr Turboboink that you say it will never be as smooth as stock, I'm still on factory ZF tune so fingers crossed it gets back to 95% or so. I'd be happy with 80% smoothness as it is 20% stronger now and that means burrrnnnnoutttssss hahaha. For warming up tyres at the plex.

Fitted my cooler today. The kit is obviously based on FG as it doesnt fit exacly right. For starters FG and BF sumps are different. Doesnt matter I sorted it.

IMG_3505_zpsfe250c35.jpg

IMG_3520_zps6efa16c4.jpg

IMG_3514_zps05b268f5.jpg

IMG_3512_zps54dc3979.jpg

• Donating Members

That's more like it. I'm yet to get under there and have a proper look at the missing bolts but that seems like the go. So the FG sump is wider there and allows it to bolt right up it seems.

Oh update on the trans, it's now shifting quite nicely in all except the 2 to 3 shift. That was the worst and is about 80% "recovered" from the memory of worn clutch packs though so no longer has a big bang into gear. Feels great giving it real stick! I swear the harder I drive it, the faster it gets used to the new bits. Have gone about 400km.

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 1

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 5d

Need a cheap set of ID1000's to pop up :) Then wastegate/flapper/actuator mod, and push this stock intake to the limit hahaha.

Also the clutch packs XFT use are different to the stock ones, Simon said the stockers throw off a lot of dust into the fluid.

You have a full exhaust too yea? Surge/e85 see up around 380+

• Like 1