My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)

discostig

• Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 15d

Mate I am a bit shocked to hear you lost Dad,and by the sounds of it a good mate.

Take heart in the fact that you and your Dad shared a passion and a bond that many young men dont get to share with their fathers,its a special thing...I am also very lucky to share a similar relationship.

Remember the good times Steve.

P.S you beat me by 1.5 kw

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m

Awesome read.. awersome car and power with it..

well done to you and your dad.. part of him will always be with it though :pooh:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 5d

Awesome write up, my condolences. I'm sure your dad's looking down proud as can be with the results for all the time and effort you two have put into the car.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m

Like ya said mate hang on to that car it will be good memories for a long time .

Hope everything goes as well as it can at this time for you.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

OK just noticed the title has a typo. Mods if you could change it to "My baby turned 300 at last (pic heavy)"

Thanks. Just reading the responses now.

• Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

OK done reading, thanks a lot everyone. It's been good writing this up this morning, remembering as I went all the stuff we worked on together. I've got great support in my girlfriend and all of you here too, those I know well and those who I only know by screen name, so thank you. I do count myself lucky to have had such a great father and friend for these past 26 years, some are not as lucky. I'll remember him always as the good natured joker he was as well as for his skills which he shared with me over the years. I'll be helping support the rest of the family over the next week or so as they are very shaken up.

As for the car, I've got one part to chase still, the Nizpro kit boost sensor adaptor block thing...the bloke I bought my parts from thinks it's still around at home so hopefully when I get that we can finish the tune off, Simon rigged up a temporary fitting but it does affect the boost reading so we're not quite done yet.

Had a bit more of a drive today, I can see what people say about it just pulling like a freight train. In second from a rolling start it builds fast, then hammers...change to third (a little earlier than I used to for now) and the change is flawless, the acceleration doesn't drop off at all. I actually had a moment going from 60 to 80, just a squirt, where my head moved back and hit the seat as my muscle memory didn't expect such a kick. That resulted in a "f...n hell" and a bit of a smile.

Many thanks to Simon and the guys at Xtreme Ford Tuning for doing a great job on my humble Ford! And beating Chippa by 1.5kw :) Looking forward to some cruises again with the lot of you. :beerchug:

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 2

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Great read mate.

You've really shown what it's all about, it's more then just trying to have the quickest or most expespensive car. It's obvious you and your old man had allot of fun mucking around with it together sharing a common passion and that's great to see (as I can relate), but if I was you I don't think I would ever be able to sell that car.