New Guy With A Problem Fg

fpv_f6

• Member For: 15y 7m 6d

hay there guys im new to the forum. im from sydney west area. ive got a fg xr6 turbo and ive got some sort of problem. I put the cai kit and it was running fine. put the cooler kit from rapids and it didn't seem to over boost or cause any problems but then I decided to change the standard intake pipe from the silent stocky to a stainless steel pipe and suddenly the car was boosting loud but didn't goo very hard, so I changed it back to the stocky silencer, reset the comps by removing the battery, it seemed to go harder but still not going very hard as it usto. ive checked for boost leaks.. everything nice and tight. cant afford the tune yet so I need to fix it myself but im pretty lost.. can anyone help me??..

• Member For: 18y 10m 11d

I wouldn't be driving it hard without a retune done on it mate, a lot of money's worth of engine to spend if she goes pop just for the sake of a retune

Russ

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 1d

Put on old cooler... And drop back in at ford...

What are you doing putting good gear on it without a tune? It's not like rapids is a monza cooler... How do you know it doesn't overboost?

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d

if you can't afford a tune, then I assume you can't afford to rebuild your engine, I would also suggest putting it back to stock until you can afford to do things correctly.

• Member For: 14y 11m 8d

Yeah mate. Go back to standard until you can get a tune or you will be up for lots of $$$$ when the motor goes BANG!!

Edited by Ray076

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

I sat around with a stock car even though I had a flash box for a year and a half, nizpro cooler for a year, then a full exhaust system for the last couple months...it's too dangerous to run around with gear fitted and not tuned for me, I give it hell now and then and I just can't afford to drop a new engine in. I saved and finally today am getting it all fitted and a custom tune done. Patience is a virtue mate, that's all I can say.

They are still quick stock! Your tyre bills are only going to go up with more power :)

• Member For: 16y 2m 24d

What are your guts telling you to do??? I agree with the others,put it back to stock till you can afford a tune. Ratter is a tuner,has his own shop and has played with plenty of theses things,so what does that tell you. Take the advice mate and dont kill your car.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 4d

I talked to rapids and chris said it wouldnt overboost or cause any problems with the cooler on without a tune.. now im starting to stress lol.

V1 cooler kit on its own wont cause an overboost, didnt you do the cat as well mate?

With the cooler kit it was ok, the intake made it run bad/overboost? So put the cone intake back on.

FG's are not like BAs, you can over boost them and they will go into limp mode which basically shuts the throttle/no boost.

I'm not saying go out and spank it with no tune, just that it wont spike big boost, it will go into limp mode.

I drove my G6 from sydney to headsex without a tune & 3.5in exhaust, cooler kit ect... 35000kays later it still lives.

Ford have put alot of protection into the latest tuning to stop, I spose to slow down the rate of failed motors.

Give me a call if you need to discuss it more, or if your really concerned we can dyno it and see how it looks :)

Cheers

Chris