Ford Focus Rs Confirmed For Australia

aiboart

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d

Good news - except there's alot of other cars I'd drop $60k+ on before this one.... If FPV actually on-sell them with the obligatory badges and interior re-trim I'd hate to see the sticker price !!

And the fact the Matt black one isn't an option is a fair dent in the lineup..

• Member For: 19y 3m 7d

The Audi TTRS Coupe is the spiritual cousin to to the Ford Focus RS

Both cars are based on the Volvo 5 cylinder engine with the same power. Audi 250kW, Ford 240kW, however the Audi has the friction penalty associated with AWD configuration.

The Audi has AWD for quick 0-100 times. The Ford has truely revolutionary FWD technology that makes the car possible.

Both cars are manuals.

By all accounts both cars are a blast to drive and the Focus has mental lateral G limits.

Both cars derive from a great FWD platform from a major brand, the Audi from the Golf and the Ford from the Focus.

Both cars have similar front seats.

The Focus will carry four people in comfort. The Audi looks cool and has extensive use of alloy in front structure.

The Focus has a big wing. The Audi has a lifting body [still]... and now a wing to keep it on the road.

Now for the big differences.

Ford Focus RS AU$60K + ORC

AUDI

TT RS Coupe

The TFSI® engine with 250 kW. The heart of the TT RS. The robust sound of the 5-cylinder power unit exudes unbridled power. Developed especially for this model, it catapults the TT RS Coupé from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds (Roadster: 4.7 seconds). In conjunction with quattro®, the six speed manual transmission ensures a driving sensation just like motor racing. Pure. Charged with emotion. Extremely dynamic.

Price

Manufacturer's List Price (Inc. GST) $118,503.00

Dealer Deliver Charge (Inc.GST) $3,421.00

Federal Govt Luxury Car Tax (LCT) $19,337.40

NSW State Govt Total Registration $785.00

NSW State Govt Stamp Duty $6,165.00

Vehicle Drive Away Price $148,211.40

Edited by aiboart

• Member For: 15y 2m 22d

I'll raise you to $100 that you won't see the first ones in stock until 2 months after the release date! :laughing:

And there won't be any spare parts for months - just what you need when your PD department stuffs something up!

Yeah, I don't miss that side of the job...

I am with you on that one mate! :icon_ford:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SUPERLAP 2011
  • Member For: 17y 29d

all the potential in the world.... then you hear front wheel drive to compete with an evo and you have a quiet giggle to yourself and then walk away

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d

I was reading an article in an old Street Ford yesterday and they mentioned a modded Civic ripping up wakefield or some track here...embarrassed the Evos/STIs that were there let alone the RWD cars. AWD isn't as magical as I thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

I was reading an article in an old Street Ford yesterday and they mentioned a modded Civic ripping up wakefield or some track here...embarrassed the Evos/STIs that were there let alone the RWD cars. AWD isn't as magical as I thought.

Your right mate, watch them in the British touring cars there's nothing wrong with them.

Sure AWD would be good but I still think these things are gonna be weapons and they really look the part too.