Fpv Start Button Fitted To Fg Xr6T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 26d

Last night I fitted an FPV Start button to my FG XR6T, I decided to not mount it with the traditional plastic mount as I use the compartment the plastic covers to hold my mobile phones and smokes.

I think it came out looking quite nice, let me know if anyone is interested in a writeup

• Like 1

• Donating Members

genuine button and wiring loom can be purchased on ebay, wiring for the switch just goes in line with the usual ignition wiring.

if you pull apart the plastic housing on your steering column you will see the connector on the back of the ignition, simply plug the wiring loom that comes with the switch in there and run the cabling to the center console.

drill out a 30mm hole for the switch, plug the switch into the wiring and your done

• Member For: 20y 7m 22d

Nice work Rusty. Does turning the key still allow the car to start? Also is the button just pushed into the 30mm hole or does it have to be held from behind the panel somehow?

cheers,

Benny

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 5d

Have to say... Great work...

But don't think I could ever be f*cked doing this to my car!!! LOL... Just another thing to f*ck up!

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 4m 20d

Do the BA/BF start buttons simply plug into a loom inside the steering column as well?

Has anyone mounted a start button in a less obvious spot, like underneath the steering column or something, so if someone breaks in and steals your keys they still can't start the car without having to search around for the hidden button?

• Donating Members

sorry fellas I ran out of time to do a write up today, I'll def do one tomorrow, try and get some pics of the wiring etc as well.

Sorry XF Falcon no idea about the BA/BF's mate but the place I got my switch from do the BA/BF FPV switches as well.

Now I know where all the ignition wiring is I'll be installing a kill switch mounted under the dash, I do a lot of interstate and international travel so when my car is sitting at long term parking for a while I can flick the kill switch... but you can do this part with any latching switch.

if the push button start does stuff up its 2 mins to reconnect the old wiring back into the ignition barrel and be back to using the key start again

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Looks better than the factory FPV position I reckon...where it looks like a case of "oh sh*t where are we going to put that...oh well just whack a temporary-looking cover on the tissue box holder and that'll do"

Well done :blink:

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 8d

This has been a project of mine since I got my ute. Although in a slight different position. Good job.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d

I have to say I'm not a fan. It just looks out of place to me.

(I think the button in the FPV's is silly too).