Wobbly Drivers Seat

• Member For: 13y 9m 10d

Ok my drivers side seat is loose as and leans forward under mild/heavy braking as much as an inch or 2. I tried looking under the seat thinking one of the bolts holding it on was loose but they all seemed firmly in place. Problem seems to be the adjusting brackets as the passengers seat is solid as and doesnt have them. I need to get it fixed asap as im heading to the track this thursday. Has anyone had this problem before? quick fix tips? Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 24d

You really gotta pull your seat apart guys.. Had this issue..

It was the actual rod which was spun too many times which causes the lumber(for your bum) support to move around..

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 10d

Hey yeah I finally found the problem. Underneath the seat there are 4 screws that attach the seat to the rails. The frame around the front 2 screws had cracked and warped, allowing the screws to bend and flex. In the end I pulled the seat out of the car, deattached the seat frame (easy as piss) and welded the cracks back together. It fixed the problem right up and the seat has been solid as ever since. Pretty easy to fix, and alot cheaper then buying a new chair. :beerchug: