Fuel Consumption F6 Typhoon

QIKXR6T

• Member For: 13y 9m 5d

Hi All,

Just a quick question in regards to my fuel consumption on my bf f6 typhoon. The car is auto and stock standard. I mainly do start stop city driving, and I am finding my fuel consumption is between 17L/100km-19L/100km. My average speed is generally 28-30km/h and I just leave it in the normal auto mode and keep off boost. Does that figure sound right or should I get Ford to look over it?

Just seems a bit high because my V8 had the same fuel consumption.

Regards,

David

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 23d

Seems a little high in my opinion. With Quite a few mods and tune im getting around 14.2-14.9 city driving. It Was the same when it was factory standard.

hope this helps.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

do you drive with a heavy foot? put the trip computer into instant fuel consumption mode and check what its using at various speeds, acceleration. up a hill full throttle can see 50- 60L/100.....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 3d

Sounds normal to me.

I see anywhere from 8.5 to 20L/100km as an average depending how I drive and where I drive.

Work is a 7km trip from home for me, so a 14km daily trip. I average 17 to 18L/100km just doing that trip 5 days a week. If I drive really really gently, I can get that down to a 14 to 15, but that's about the best. An early morning 25km run into the city will see about 15 to 16L/100km average in easy stop start traffic.

I'm to understand that a tuned car will generally get better consumption once they turn off some of the "features" built into the ECU. Obviously not while boosting and driving hard, but in general driving duties.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 12d

50-60? Only? you sure your pedal goes all the way to the floor lol... mine goes up to 99 sometimes and I'm sure it would go further if there was another digit on the thing...

To answer the original question 17-19 is a little high but they don't like stop and start driving especialy if it's short trips when it's constantly warming up...

• Member For: 13y 9m 5d

Thank you for your replies. I am not really fussed on the consumption, I was just having a read on the forums and noticed a lot of people are averaging 12-15L/100kms, and I wasn't too sure if something was wrong with my car if I am averaging 17-19L. I don't drive with a heavy foot and 95% of the time the car is off boost. I guess just start stop driving and very short trips increases the consumption by a lot.

David

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 12d

For a week I was only driving 5 minute trips in the morning and in the eevening car never get's a chance to warm up, taking it really easy off boost all the time... at the end of the week average consumption was 24!

• Member For: 15y 6m 23d

Thank you for your replies. I am not really fussed on the consumption, I was just having a read on the forums and noticed a lot of people are averaging 12-15L/100kms, and I wasn't too sure if something was wrong with my car if I am averaging 17-19L. I don't drive with a heavy foot and 95% of the time the car is off boost. I guess just start stop driving and very short trips increases the consumption by a lot.

David

Are you stopping every 100 to 500 metres? If that is the case then your consumption is normal.

When taking off, through first and second gear and into third I see the instant fuel consumption figures reach up to low 40's even with a light foot. So I'm not too surprised that your consumption is that high. The trick is to get up to the speed limit quickly (not full throttle but not slowly either) so you achieve a more efficient fuel consumption level sooner.

I normally average about 14 litres per 100kms, but I do like to apply half the throttle pretty often. Most of my driving is highway or freeway, and when I behave I can average as low as 11.0 to 11.5 for a tank.

• Member For: 14y 8m 9d

My F6 is stock except for a K&N Filter. I can drive a couple of hundred kms a day highway, city traffic included. My average is around 10.9 - 12.9 except when its a long freeway drive then its around 9-10 or even less. I have noticed when the filter gets dirty it jumps up from the usual 11-12 per 100 to 13's, 14's. Obviously the turbo likes to breathe. Highest I ever showed was about 34L / 100!! after fanging it around Wakefield Park for a day :stirthepot: